Micpec's NC35's (and past bike)...

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35’s, NC30 sold, MC34 many
Re: micpec's NC35 (and past bike)...

Post by micpec » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:58 pm

As some of you may know by now, I did brought myself another NC35 since this summer.

While looking for a challenge I came across this bike. It is covered from a low speed crash and I happen to know the guy who owned this bike. He informed me that he decided not to fix this bike and he went for the cash to get another bike (now SV). It was sold by the insurance company to a trader where I finally got her from after some close inspection upfront. After a good night sleep (think) I decided to help her out of misery and I want to give her a new NC35 life :grin: I just needed something to put my hands on after the empty space that left when I sold my ex-NC30 last year. I believe this is a good project bike to build something different compared to my mint NC35, that minter stays as it is ;) Lots of ideas about what I can do does come around in my mind and also goes around usually. My goal is to bring her back in genuine condition under the "skin" and good to perfect for street usage and later I may possible take her out to one or more track days sometimes. Most parts I use and fit on the bikes are genuine Honda parts, no pennies saved on them :geek:

Here she is at time of delivery...

Minor :down:
* NC30 cut half system with Laser Carbon Oval can (no baffle);
* full kit bodywork of unknown aftermarket brand damaged;
* front clock fairing bracket bend;
* fuel tank damaged;
* subframe bend;
* mudguard knackered;
* both race steps kit knackered (german brand Spiegler);

Major :peace:
* complete engine is healthy and start/runs perfect (with standard CDI unit);
* geometry/mainframe/suspension/swingarm all straight;
* mainframe is legal titled and registered, no hassle with any import issues;
* wheels are straight, although I do not like the polished/black sprayed combo;
* wave front brake discs of Spiegler, all straight;
* front braided lines;
* recently had service done by previous owner;
* history is partial known (origin with RR-scheme from Japan to Germany, and at some point it is imported from Germany into Holland. I have seen this bike around that same period for sale in Germany by the previous german owner).

This label shows she has been in Germany for a while... :geek:

First job I have done is stripping this bike and remove all unneeded/broken parts, it went into this state ready to lift the carbs off and also the cam covers for valve clearances and some more cleaning:

Meanwhile ordered some parts at Honda (Honda Belgium Warehouse delivered this order especially in just 48 hours, they know me by now :whistle: Still some genuine parts awaiting while on backorder)

Honda inside:

Some parts stalled and ready for fitting:

Got a black rvf tank of geoff33 (cheers :grin: ):

After valve clearance job done (shuffled 6 x shims in between the ones fitted, 2 x shims ordered brand new and 2 shims already left over from the valve clearance done on my mint NC35 last season), I fitted the the RVF carbs back on after some cleaning and it started in 2 attempts :mrgreen: I also balanced the carbs, all perfect.

Next thing is the replacement of the old and dirty chain and sprockets with an nice and fresh DID X-ring 525 chain with JT sprockets (in standard 15-38 gearing)...

And here is some result of cleaning the swingarm...bye bye greasy chain lube and dirt! YUK! :twisted:
Also, fitted genuine chain guard and standard foot pegs..

I ditched the NC30 half system ( :x ) with the Laser carbon oval can and now fitted a full standard NC35 system but with JHA bolt-on kevlar can. Also fitted a straight subframe, rear mudguard, rear indicators, front clock fairing bracket, all genuine NC35.

Here she is while being watched by her brother :dmyspt:

Still lots to do. I have not decided yet what sort of fairings (genuine honda / aftermarket tyga or silhouette / maybe carbon) I like to put on her. But I still have plenty of time and I am not in any hurry.

I just need more ideas while watching her from time to time... :popcorn:
Last edited by micpec on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

silentRVF
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35

Post by silentRVF » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:12 am

hey mate,
pics aren't showing..

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Yeah, that is correct! :down: The provider cut me off the line since my move to new place...I am waiting to be back online anytime soon :pray: Now all data has been deleted including pics. Will sort it out soon.
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Ho-ho-ho! I am back! I have just managed to get my internet signal back, the provider made a total mess! I only requested for an simple and easy transfer from old place to my new place. instead of couple of days it took them 8 weeks! Now it still needs a little tweak and some fine tuning, and all my data will be back hopefully tomorrow evening at soonest :pray:

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Well, it took the damn provider another 3 weeks. Finally there is some light at the end of this tunnel...I have some legal issues with them at the moment due to moving and not having access to the promised services. I will get them work for it, stupid :wanker: ( I stand on the :Rulez: of this game they and me play)

I hope to get some updates soon about my bikes.

Benneyboy@1984
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr400 nc 23 aero Project

Post by Benneyboy@1984 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Mate loving your mint as nc35 hats of to you , also likening :twisted: the project bike as well buddy is the shiz is it a nc30 with the 35 forks etc or am i being dumb lol

My bad jut re read it lol :grin:

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Cheers. Both are fully NC35's ;) I did had some ideas with NC30's plus NC35 forks but I sold my NC30 a long time ago, also sold the three complete NC35 fork kits I collected long time ago (I know they have all been fitted to NSR250 two-strokes).

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Here she is...nice and warm in my living room...

And she woke up this evening after long sleep... :twisted: Oops, my nice white plastered wall got some carbon on it :dmyspt:

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:02 pm

:grin: looks great jas, make sure the puddy cat dont take a piss up it :o

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:55 pm

No update on the planned work, but I just got these little gems for the project... :whistle: :grin:

Race radiators...

And the gsxr K7/K8 rotor and flywheel...
Last edited by micpec on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.