Micpec's NC35's (and past bike)...

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35’s, NC30 sold, MC34 many
Re: micpec's NC35 (and past bike)...

Post by micpec » Mon May 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Today I joined a friend of mine to help her to collect some stuff she bought at a bike shop that went burst.

When we arrived at the shop she arranged the administration at the cashier followed by one of the chaps asked us both to join him to walked down to the hall/showroom and collect all the stuff my friend bought. While busy my eyes caught some strange light....at first I did not see it correct in that hugh hall/showroom so I walked to it and then...well, then I focussed on something that looked liked some signed piece with an Honda Wing in red. I took few steps back and another few steps back and then suddenly I discovered that I was looking at something rare specialty :o I asked the chap what will happen to this piece...? He walked toward this piece to see if there was any data but he found nothing. He then came back to me....and asked me "why are you asking, mate?" Well, can I have it? Before he said anything I said in my very split second...allow me to check what I have in my wallet. He said okay. So in the end I bought this piece:

It is an one-off piece that is signed by Mick Doohan himself on 26th June 2003, while he was in Holland during the TT Assen race weekend. He signed this piece in this same shop that now went burst.

Notice that each horizontal lamel of that hugh industrial garage door measures approx. 3.50 meters width to 0.60 metres height! This piece itself measures approx. 3.50 x 3.50 metres :whistle: and consists of multiple hard pvc/perplex panels. This is made and printed by an professional company (company decal is attached left side bottom). Bad point is was all professionally double sided glued to the garage door lamels, so it was a bitch to get it all off.

In the end I got the complete piece all safe to home apart from two panels that got few scratches and couple of tiny pieces that broke off but I do still have all the pieces, all is still useable so I can get this hugh wall sized puzzle all together. Nice to get it ready some day for my future to be garage ;) Sadly not in this new house of me at the moment...

Here the most valuable plate of this complete hugh wall printed piece...as signed by Mick Doohan... :geek:

I am well chuffed with this! My friend adviced me to get this in my living room at the clear white wall behind my RVF.... :lol:
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

ibby4585
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: SP's

Post by ibby4585 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:30 pm

:o very jealous!! That's nice mate very nice!

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Mon May 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Nice find jas, its about time that RVF got out of the house and some miles on it ;)

uber pikey
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, GS700e GSX750 katana pop

Post by uber pikey » Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am

What an amazing find, you have to spill the beans.

How much did it cost?
I saw it so I took it!

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Tue May 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks guys! I am very happy with it. Cannot believe it myself that I bought this :lol:
For what I paid for this one-off equals an good sized car fuel tank filled with petrol.

My friend also bought some other stuff through that same burst auction thingy and she paid for all the items. Too bad that one lot of goodies went missing. That includes few sets of expensive genuine honda gas and also genuine suzuki clothing, jackets etc...all were gone! :evil: It seems that some other buyers accompanied by a young lady were a bit dodgy while collecting their won stuff just half an hour before we entered that hall/showroom. They are immediately suspected to take the lot that my friend won. They were gone but are recognized by the chaps from the organization and they will be questioned as they are known in their database with all personal data. Stupid thieves! :down:
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Fri May 06, 2011 5:47 am

Wow!

That would look awesome in the garage. Very impressive.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Fri May 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Thx, Cammo! Yes, it is impressive to see it.

Update on the missing goodies...My friend got phone call today from the organization, they have "caught" the dodgy buyers, all missing goodies are back in their warehouse...also an police investigation + report ongoing.
Good point is she will receive all the paid goodies next week.

uber pikey
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, GS700e GSX750 katana pop

Post by uber pikey » Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 pm

That's quality news man. When can I have the garage door?
I saw it so I took it!

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Micpec's NC35's (and past bike)...

Post by micpec » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Long time no updates from me on here.

Finally I have found my time to get some carbs work done. Yesterday I visited a friend...call him "Alladin's Cave" :drool: stuffed with some +10 V4's in superb nick and low mileage samples including recently aquired two MC22's :ugeek:

Here is a picture of my carbs on his double work benches:

We have managed to dismantle the (street) carbs from my mint street RVF for some nice ultrasonic cleaning, I also took another (spare) RVF carbs with me that I sourced earlier thanks to Tony.

We found out that the street ones were opened before (not by me, but by the 1st owner) due to the bad/f*ck genuine carb bolts on them. It was fitted with unknown needles (not HRC ones as Mr.Alladin had full HRC kits as spare so we could compare them too).

Here is the comparison (left from street carbs, right are stock J8VA needles):

Question is: does anyone recognize the left needle? There is no marking on them. Is this maybe Factory or F1 or Dyno needle....?

Here another close up of the unknown needle...see the circlip at 3rd level plus 2 washers:

Also found the piston assembly with a 2nd hole of 2mm drilled, but standard is only 1 hole of 2mm....

Question: why? I dunno.

An older picture of small selection of some V4's...

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Micpec's NC35's (and past bike)...

Post by micpec » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Last few days sorting the 2 x front NC35 forks I have as these were in need of new caps & seals. So might as well do a complete overhaul on all of them :whistle:

On Thursday morning I went to visit the brand new Hyperpro Headquarters in Werkendam (The Netherlands) for some specific technical data. Had a good chat with one of the technical representatives. Left with a brandnew kit of front progressive fork springs + grade 20 oil to suit my wishes. Then straight off to visit friend Roel up North (250kms from me) to his workshop.

Here under construction on his work benches (here applying heat to get the bearings/caps off/on the fork tubes):

The finished result:

One set (with the original blue Showa decals):
* Hyperpro progressive springs
* Hyperpro grade 20w fork oil
* air chamber 130mm

Second set (without Showa decals):
* already fitted with progressive springs (brand is possible Wilbers)
* Yamalube grade 15w fork oil
* air chamber 130mm
* The screw on this damper rod assy for the rebound settings has shown wear, so I need new damper rod assy.
==> Anyone have an RVF fork leg that is doing nothing/bent lower tub etc. and have the good damper rod assy for me? I need one to replace the worn/damaged one on this second set (also posted in the Wanted/For Sale section)

I will be testing both set-ups later to compare them.

Next step is to sort out the 2x NC35 carbs I have with jetting. On Monday I fitted the completely degreased, air cleaned and ultrasonic threated carbs on my project bike but it was pooring fuel out and flooded heavily. After inspection the float chamber gaskets have had their best time. So I ordered 4 new gasket kits via Rick O. which are not cheap :( . Hopefully Rick can have these soon send to me with my other small carbs bits.

Also contacted Tyga Paul for data about the painted fairing kit, so will be ordering end of this month.