Micpec's NC35's (and past bike)...

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35’s, NC30 sold, MC34 many
Re: Micpec's NC35's (and past bike)...

Post by micpec » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks, Blair!

Brand is BGS Technic Germany werkzeuge; left one is for careful fitting of steering head bearings for specific honda/kawa and HD, middle one is a inner puller set with slide hammer for extracting bearings, sleeves out of blind holes (e.g. wheel bearings, engine bearings) and the last one is for motorcycle brake piston removal of all brands.
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:15 am

awaiting a tool to fit the oil pressure sensor and also the custom rear brake disc. Next week Saturday more updates.
"Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless"

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:00 pm

Had little time, but here is a small update.

Last weekend I went back to Michael for more programming of the dash. He did some more research upfront and after some testing the oil pressure works and is now set perfectly. Must admit that this sensor is ones from his bike. The AEM psi sensor I got earier will be modified and will be used in his other rvf bike.

On the contrary the AIM water thermo sensor is playing up big time with some incorrect high/low readings. After multiple readings, testing and custom re-wiring this one does needs a bit more fine tuning on a later moment.

We fitted the carbs and also the gerd rads and connected new samco hoses with new hose clamps and filled up with water. I was a bit worried with my bike since the new gsxr genny conversion was just fitted few weeks ago and I had not tested this setup yet. In the end all operated good, the re-wiring and charging system didn't suffer from an issue. The throttle response improved a bit at first glance and for now only tested on the bench.

By twilight we closed the operation to wrap up the day, and moved my bike back in the trailer for my way home.
New updates will follow later. Now on the hunt for some other bits and pieces to show up and to get ready for next visit and continue assembly (e.g. custom rear brake disc, -wiring and -brake line routing in swing arm, speed sensor, gear shifting).

Michael mentioned...Maybe it's 'another' never ending story.. Oops that an :idea:
No, I am awake, must resist. must resist.
Of course I wish :pray: it's like the carbon bike, because that is a true beauty! :drool:

Here back-to-back testing:

Here night view (note the false reading of the water temp):

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:02 pm

So I recently managed to get a set of forks, front wheel, spindle, bolts and discs, all from d675 (2011) for the bike. And some parts are in the post at the moment from RO (thanks Rick) so I am also able to fit the standard NC front rim. I compared these forks with rvf ones; length is only slightly longer with 725mm vs 710mm standard. Will ditch the front tyre that came with the wheel later and fit new spares bt090s off the shelf.

Maelstrom
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: MC22, 3TJ1

Post by Maelstrom » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:17 am

Looking good!
I could use those measurements for my fork database. http://litetek.co/Guide_USD_ForkDatabase.html
Are those lengths with the fork cap? If not could you give them without please.
cheers
Blair
Carb seal kits in viton & other parts
https://litetek.co

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi Blair,

No problem, I see what you are trying to collect in your data sheet :peace: The length of a 2011 fork d675 is 725mm measured from centre spindle bolt to top of fork, and should be similar to STR. Diameter triple clamp top fork clamp 50mm and triple lower clamp fork 52mm is similar to nc35, so straigh fit. NC35 standard fork length is 710mm. Discs is 5-bolts fitment 308mm ('13-on is 310mm), radial mounted calipers are 108mm, and d675 travel is 120mm, I believe STR have same 120mm travel (both dependant on the exact manufacturer year e.g. STR '09-'12 is 120mm, however '13-'15 is 115mm, and d675r have nix30 ohlins forks with 43mm stanchion and 110mm travel).

Jason

Maelstrom
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Maelstrom » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:25 am

Thanks Jason,
Can I be a pain and ask you how thick the fork caps are. All of the measurements I have are sans cap.
A d675 is a Triumph, yes? (EDIT: Ok it is a Triumph Daytona)
What is STR?

EDIT:
I added that triumph information and some I found on Wiki to the page.

fourfingers
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30RK,NC35RR

Post by fourfingers » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:38 am

Speed Triple?
You should be careful with newer fork mesurements, don´t know about triumphs, but cbr600rr 05-06, 07<, use a top out spring that make the forks look shorter tan what they really are.
I have a couple of cad drawings with measurements of forks, triple tree offsets etc, I will send them over, Blair. By the way, very nice carb gasket sets, got one nc35 installed, and an nc30 pending.
Cheers,
Emilio

Maelstrom
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Maelstrom » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:50 am

Thanks Emilio.
All contributions gratefully accepted. I started that page because I was trying to find a front end for my FZR400. Hopefully it will continue to grow and be useful for the community.

micpec
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by micpec » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Blair, STR is Street Triple R

Edit: more measurements of the forks for your sheet:
d675 1.7mm cap excluded nut, and top fork nut itself 5.5mm
nc35 3mm cap excluded nut, and top fork nut 7mm