Royster81's rides and projects .

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29
Re: Rhory's rides and projects .

Post by royster81 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Yep I think that was the same one.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:50 pm

That was lovely. Glad it's gone to a good home.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:13 am

So now it's at my home I've ran into another few little problems, it's Xmas so work is busy, it's always dark so I can't get a good look at it in the day light and I've little time to get near the bike but I'll get a day off soon and I'll pull the bike out of the garage for a picture or two, also information on these is a bit light on the ground, if I had of got an earlier model I could have downloaded the parts fiche on this site if I needed to replace or repair any missing parts but the vtec parts fiche was a little harder to come by. Maybe it's something I could suggest to Paul.
So my plans at the minute with the bike are to give it a decent clean, replace or repair any damage I can find, service it and ready it for mot and get some pictures, updates to follow and the first post will be updated also.
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever

Post by Davez29 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:36 am

That's a great looking bike. I would love to have a vtec. Once you get around to it I would like to see a review compared to the sports 400's you have.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Cheers Dave, Ive spoken to a few members who have had these vtecs and they say they are sublime to ride, they can be relaxed through town or lively once on the open road, as i said in my previous post my friend as a '92 version so he/I can ride them back to back to see how they compare. Most of my riding is casual now, probably the reason why Im finding the NC30 uncomfortable, its no rocket ship but its not meant to be cruising around at 30mph either.
Mine in the garage on charge and a few of the ebay images until i can get some of my own.
My mate Stuarts

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Cracking looking bike you've got there Retro but very trick also there's something appealing about super fours the lines practically Honda build quality etc still miss my cb1300 wouldn't mind One of those in the garage nice find :plus:

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Thanks mate, I hope it rides as good as it looks.
What was the 1300 like to ride?, I would have thought it was all torque and it would pull your arms out of their sockets from idle.

Zippy
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Zippy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:26 am

I was really tempted by that but needed to pay for the paint work on the UK bike so bought my SRX instead. As you got it from a dealer was it not prepped and mot'd first? It is a beautiful bike and definitely on my wish list.

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by royster81 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:27 am

Not moted as I got it from a dealer as a trade sale.it'll not take much, I'm probably just being picky over things.

Dynamohum
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dynamohum » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 am

royster81 wrote:Thanks mate, I hope it rides as good as it looks.
What was the 1300 like to ride?, I would have thought it was all torque and it would pull your arms out of their sockets from idle.
Yes torque in abundance a retuned blackbird motor with 5 gears Very easy to ride.
If you get a chance try one a very comfortable alternative to a sports bike A bit lardy but once the wheels are turning very easy to throw around Handling was amazing for something so big n bulky I used to ride out with mates on blades r1s on it and it would hold it's own unless it became silly speeds .. We regularly swapped bikes to give there aching backs wrists a rest lol..

Sanctuary produced an endurance type replica of the cb1300 if only honda made something similar Classic styling harking back to the cb900f cb1100r with modern tech Now that would be something .