My NC30 track bike project

This section is reserved for members on the SITE SUPPORTERS group only. Each supporter can post pics of their bikes for all to view. Standard members can read and reply, but the post author has full control over his thread and can edit, delete & lock at will
User avatar
vfrman
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Posts: 2547
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:54 pm
Bike owned: NC30 x 2, 1098s
Location: Layton, Utah, USA
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by vfrman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:35 pm

You just can't make that stuff up.

Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 pm
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30
Location: Lincolnshire
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:29 pm

vfrman wrote:You just can't make that stuff up.
What, that I've had the bike since 2009 and still not finished it or that the previous owner was nutter? :lol:

User avatar
vfrman
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Posts: 2547
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:54 pm
Bike owned: NC30 x 2, 1098s
Location: Layton, Utah, USA
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by vfrman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Nutter!

User avatar
GeeTee
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:27 am
Bike owned: NC30 & GSXR750K4
Location: Dartford, Kent, United Kingdom
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by GeeTee » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:46 pm


Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 pm
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30
Location: Lincolnshire
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Mon May 03, 2021 11:31 pm

Update. No progress obviously but still no plans to sell. In fact I'm planning to pick up some more parts in the coming weeks. Still need rads, a race seat unit without a hole for the riders seat in it, new clip ons, engine case protectors, 520 chain and sprocket kit. Sending calipers off for servicing/refurb soon!

According to something I've read on Insta Scott Jelleyman is the man to speak to about rads, is he a member on here?

Chances of sourcing a NC35 rear wheel for sub £500?

The tank is original and on the surface looks to be in good nick (has been in damp garage for 12 years though). Anyone gone down the route of using a dummy tank with an aluminium tank underneath like the students from Swansea uni did on their race bike?

User avatar
CMSMJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 9720
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:42 am
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Location: Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue May 04, 2021 2:47 pm

Johnny Wishbone wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:31 pm
Update. No progress obviously but still no plans to sell. In fact I'm planning to pick up some more parts in the coming weeks. Still need rads, a race seat unit without a hole for the riders seat in it, new clip ons, engine case protectors, 520 chain and sprocket kit. Sending calipers off for servicing/refurb soon!

According to something I've read on Insta Scott Jelleyman is the man to speak to about rads, is he a member on here?

Chances of sourcing a NC35 rear wheel for sub £500?

The tank is original and on the surface looks to be in good nick (has been in damp garage for 12 years though). Anyone gone down the route of using a dummy tank with an aluminium tank underneath like the students from Swansea uni did on their race bike?
Might have some rads spare - came with a bike. Scott is on here if you do want to get them via him. Most of us now have used the 'Chinese' rads (I have had mine for over 10 years.)

Tanks wise - you're looking for our member variablevalvessucks - I am fairly sure he has the bits, and deffo the skills to complete that kind of work He is a busy man though - rook composites is his company.

NC35 wheel - fuck knows :) they are mad money - and if I was going to have to spend £500 on a 25yr old wheel...I would probably want to get onto a new one from somewhere for a few quid more. If you wanted to pay £500 for one...I'll sell you mine :mrgreen:

:rocks:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 pm
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30
Location: Lincolnshire
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Tue May 11, 2021 6:05 pm

OK, I've a couple of days off work so heading up to my dads to make a list of what I need and what needs doing. Warning that might mean plenty of questions!

I currently get trade discount at a lot of the countries motorcycle parts distributors and wholesalers so I wanna order some bits as that will change in the near future. What size clip-ons do I need to fit the later forks (bought a pair of post 89 ones from someone on here years ago) and what gearing are people using for a stock NC30 for Cadwell Park. Cadwell is under an hour from me so can't see me riding anywhere else regularly but would def like to do the odd Donington Park trip as I love the place and I hopefully Snetterton which I really fancy riding with the new (not so new but haven't done Snett since early 00's) track lay out.

Race seat unit. I have one that requires the use of the original seat, presumably it just sits in position and assuming the bike never finds itself on it's side, cartwheeling through a gravel trap or upside down it will stay there but I've noticed some companies produce them complete without the hole. Do people on here have a preference? Are the complete ones without hole for seat strong enough to support a rider or are they prone to breaking/cracking?

What are all the NC30 owners using for front paddock stand particularly the racers/track dayers. Under yoke or bottom of forks type?

MadMotoUK
Settled in member
Reactions:
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:53 pm
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by MadMotoUK » Tue May 11, 2021 6:50 pm

For the rear wheel, have you considered a VFR 750/800 or Ducati mod? Will probably come in much cheaper (there's a NOS NC35 rear wheel on eBay now for just shy of £700)

Johnny Wishbone
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:59 pm
Bike owned: VFR400 NC30
Location: Lincolnshire
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by Johnny Wishbone » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm

MadMotoUK wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:50 pm
For the rear wheel, have you considered a VFR 750/800 or Ducati mod? Will probably come in much cheaper (there's a NOS NC35 rear wheel on eBay now for just shy of £700)
I was just considering the VFR750 option. Especially as I emailed Dymag yesterday and they're not currently producing their 3 or 5 spoke design in single sided fitments. Unless I want to commission them to produce 5 pairs. I also considered bidding on the track/race NC30 currently listed on ebay which comes with Dymags plus an NC35 rear.

User avatar
CMSMJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Posts: 9720
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:42 am
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Location: Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Re: My NC30 track bike project

Post by CMSMJ1 » Thu May 12, 2022 9:54 am

Johnny Wishbone wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 pm
MadMotoUK wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:50 pm
For the rear wheel, have you considered a VFR 750/800 or Ducati mod? Will probably come in much cheaper (there's a NOS NC35 rear wheel on eBay now for just shy of £700)
I was just considering the VFR750 option. Especially as I emailed Dymag yesterday and they're not currently producing their 3 or 5 spoke design in single sided fitments. Unless I want to commission them to produce 5 pairs. I also considered bidding on the track/race NC30 currently listed on ebay which comes with Dymags plus an NC35 rear.
Have a nebby at your PMs dude.

or hit me up at my username at gmail.com - I'll hook you up with some odds and sods to get this going again
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate


Post Reply