GSF400 Import Tokico Brakes

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
mx49
Settled in member
Reactions:
GSF400 Import Tokico Brakes

Post by mx49 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:51 pm

Looking for some advice on my 400 Bandit rebuild projects. Been trying to get the front brakes bled with new hoses, rebuilt calipers (by me) with new seals etc. and the calipers keep leaking. First of all one of the seals popped out of one of the calipers and now the other calipers starts to leak just as I am getting some decent pressure in the system. Anyone got any ideas or experience on who supplies decent seals? I got these ones from M&P and it took them about 3 attempts to send me the right (?) ones. I am now considering getting some from Powerhouse Automotive instead and see if they work but all this brake fluid is now getting on my newly powdercoated wheels, tyre etc. Alternatively is their an easy swap to some more modern brakes? And if so doe sit require a different m/cyl as well?

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: GSF400 Import Tokico Brakes

Post by Variablevalves suck » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Ive seen caliper mounts available in Japan that allows brembo calipers to be fitted, you could take a look on the webike site.

mx49
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by mx49 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Well I ended up getting them rebuilt by Powerhouse and they are getting nearly up to pressure but there is some air in there somewhere still (hiding in the splitter?). It feels like there is more than enough pressure to stop the bike so have moved on to trying to get the beasty running to give me some inspiration to finish it one day :-))

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3

Post by moforockband » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Push the pistons all the way back into the caliper with bleed hose open. Can sometimes get rid of tricky air pockets.

ventYl
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSF 400 Bandit

Post by ventYl » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:02 pm

you can try to bleed both splitter (dual disc brake model) and as a last resort try to bleed bolts. they sometimes tend to catch some air too.