Site HomeAbout 400GreyBikeBuyers GuidesDocument LibraryIt is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:11 am

Purge/Surge Hose Canister System Cali Model GSF400

Forum rules Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
  • Author

SevenThreeSeven

Settled in member

Re: Purge/Surge Hose Canister System Cali Model GSF400

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 6:34 am

Spraying starter fluid into the intake tract while cranking is a great way to confirm that the air and spark part are working. It bypasses everything involved in the fuel delivery. If the bike lights up easily on an intake spray of starter fluid you know that your problem is fuel delivery.

You could unplug the headlight to reduce electrical system draw during this test.

lknbandit400

Settled in member

PostThu Feb 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks - was able to get it fired up after charging the battery. The battery came with the bike and I have no history on it. It ran ok - great over 4k. Feels like it's missing under 4k. Has a very "partial" exhaust note, almost sounds like a high revving thumper under 4K (but above idle).

One step at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lknbandit400

Settled in member

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 12:32 am

Just bringing this to a close. My issue was the battery. Replaced it and have been zipping around since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Previous

Return to Bandit - Workshop