The refurb starts here

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n
Re: The refurb starts here

Post by Speedy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Cheers nampus. :)
The grey imports came with twin discs and a couple of other 'better' bits to boot; full stainless exhaust for one!

It lives again! Bit of strange one this, but it wouldn't fire up the for first 3 or 4 attempts last week and I thought I'd have to get the carbs off again to check the float heights; but then I left the thing alone for a week and last Saturday went back to it; was ready to pull the carbs off but thought I'd try again; 5-10 seconds later & it roared to life! 8-)
It sounds quite good from about 6000rpm! :D Now for some dry weekends so I can take it for its first proper ride!
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

superlite
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: TLS, LB80 x 2

Post by superlite » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 am

Good job! I'm impressed at the speediness (ahem) of your rebuild.

So how does she go? And what are the plans for her now?

Any more pics that show the Bandito in her full glory?
'Take it to the Back'

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Speedy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:54 pm

I haven't been out on it yet, there are a few small issues to resolve still: a new nut for the shock's bottom mounting bolt is needed and just bought that today, replace the indicators relay, modify a chainguard to fit to it, as that standard monster of a hugger has to go! and get a rack & top box on it! The plan is to get the Bandida ready for work and the box is a must! It'll get a lot of (ab)use with work and also some pleasure rides with the missus on the back - Oooh errr! :lol:
Will be trying to do all of that this weekend and take better pics of it then! :)
In the mean time here's another crappy piccie:

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Speedy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:16 pm

Quick update: it's 99% finished with just the rack & box to custom fit; I say 'just' but know full well that'll take a whole day to get it sorted!!! :roll:
On top of this little task, it seems that the fuel tap is leaking now; the cause may lie with just one wrong type of washer that I fitted a while ago, to one of its securing bolts; will have to wait and see. :|

Anyway, here are some slightly better pics of it, that I just about had enough light to take:

Image Image Image

I've trimmed that chainguard a tad, as it was a bit too long! Other than that, it pretty much bolted straight on! 8-)

gsxr400 racer
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by gsxr400 racer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:05 pm

superlite wrote:
Speedy wrote: I quite like the standard (megaphone) can actually; all the bolts at the end of it securing the cap, make it look cool & different to me! :)
It actually looks a little like a gattling gun :)

I was scanning Yahoo Japan today and noticed some cheap GSF400 bits and pieces. Not many on there which is suprising :!: But some handy NOS stuff and exhausts - all very well priced. There was also a couple of shocks on there that were also listed under RGV250 which is interesting. If that is the case, you could get a sweet shock set-up for cheap.
look under gk74a

gsxr400 racer
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by gsxr400 racer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:08 pm

by the way nice clean job :D

nampus
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb 400 sf, KTM Superduke

Post by nampus » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:29 pm

It looks very nice!
If I'm honest I think it's a shame there is going to be a carrier and topbox on it. :cry:
It looks nice and clean now.

superlite
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: TLS, LB80 x 2

Post by superlite » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Looks great Speedy!

As much as I'm not a fan of carrying anything on a bike, I can see that it would be an awesome commuter/pack horse - comfy, quick and fun. I'm very jealous! And done so quickly - I'm even more jealous now!
'Take it to the Back'

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Speedy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Cheers fellas. 8-)
I can't do without a top-box for work (courier) as I carry a lot of stuff all the time: big map, extra waterproofs, extra gloves, art-work bag, etc and that's before I even get any parcels on board! It'll spoil the Bandit's looks a little bit, but it's the most practical solution in my view; hopefully I'll be able to make the rack I got on my CB250, fit just right on it and not look too out of place! :)
Will post more photos of it when it's done!

wullvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: zx9r c1

Post by wullvfr » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Speedy wrote: Now for some dry weekends so I can take it for its first proper ride!

optimistic to say the least :lol: :lol: :lol:

william
please,god,....give me the chance to prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me!!!