400 fuel tank mounts

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
mx49
Settled in member
Reactions:
400 fuel tank mounts

Post by mx49 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi, just bought 3 , yes 3, 400 bandits in different states of neglect and have just started to strip one of them down for spares to use for the other two. What is confusing me at first glance is the mounting for the rear of the tank. Looks like there are two mounts at the back that should be bolted down but there isn't any obvious place for them to bolt on to. Is there a separate bracket that bolts to the frame or does the tank bolt to something else? Also two of the bikes have twin disc set ups on the front and one a single disc. Is this the give away to whether they are Jap or UK spec ones i,e, the single disc is a UK spec bike? All help much appreciated.

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: 400 fuel tank mounts

Post by Variablevalves suck » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Ye, theres a plate that bolts across the frame above the battry and the seat and tank fasten to this.
Jap import has two discs and a stainless exhaust.

mx49
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by mx49 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks for that, now I have got enough space to be able to actually get round the bikes I have found that there seems to be a common thread of a lack of seat locks (I guess they rot due to exposure to all the crud being flung up from the rear wheel) and hence someone has bodged together the seat catch and hence the tank mount. Have just got a , hopefully, decent seat lock off eBay for at least one of the bandits. The second bike of mine has come with a RAVEN pipe. anyone heard of them or is it just someone bolting a randomn end can on the std downpipes?

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Sounds like some kind of aftermarket can to me.