Fuel Tap pipes ?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Trigger
Settled in member
Reactions:
Fuel Tap pipes ?

Post by Trigger » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Three pipes leading off the fuel tap on the tank 2 larger one which I think is the fuel pipes to carbs and a third smaller one which is flapping in the wind on my bike. No fuel is leaking out of it tho.. Is it a breather where should it go ?

Bike is gk76a 1990

Cheers

Trigger
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Fuel Tap pipes ?

Post by Trigger » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Wow a friend of mine had a look during our lunch break found out this pipe leads to a small hole in one of the inlet manifold pipes. It now runs like a dream.

One to remember if you remove the fuel tank.

Psychosomatic88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Psychosomatic88 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:18 pm

You mean the vacuum hose? better keep that attached :lol:
Going on the internet is like owning a gun... Just point, click, then shit your pants waiting for the Police to turn up.

Gavsta
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Gavsta » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Thats exactly what it is - im surprised that the bike runs at all without it attached!

logan
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by logan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Hey - reading about the fuel pipe issue you had - I've got one too. Has yours got two fuel feeds to the cabs then? Plus one vacum? I'm restoring one thats been standing but the tank has been removed and there were no pipes with it. My fuel tap has two pipes - a fuel and a vacum I thought - and there is a third pipe exit in the middle of the tank. Do you know if the third one is a breather or overflow??

Cheers

timoth123
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by timoth123 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:06 pm

yup its an over flow from when you fill the tank, open up your tank and youll see a small drain hole, it feeds to this outlet in the middle of the tank underneath.