Bandit 400 Neutral switch replacement

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Riderz13
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bandit 400 Neutral switch replacement

Post by Riderz13 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi all,

looking for some advice on replacement Neutral locator switches. my original one snapped off while removing the parts and couldn't see it under all the crap that had accumulated.

I bought a replacement on eBay but it doesn't look anything like the old one ('89 K model) the packaging states it is for a 91-93 P model.

My question is can I get away with using that replacement? what issues would I incur and if not any suggestion where can I source another part?

I have some pics but don't know how to upload them (probably another question I need some help with :grin: )

any help greatly appreciated!

mechannibalism
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Bandit 400 Neutral switch replacement

Post by mechannibalism » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:01 pm

I would take the old one out and compare the two ; depth of the pin, dia. of o-ring area ect. it may be the same as the older GSXRs (GK71f,GK73a) A pic. would help i can compare to the different ones I have.

mechannibalism
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Bandit 400 Neutral switch replacement

Post by mechannibalism » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:06 pm

Wait a minute.....did the new one come from Alibaba or another of the same ilk? They send what ever they got kicking around.