Pirelli diablo supercorsa's on a gk76a

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
chutney
Settled in member
Reactions:
Pirelli diablo supercorsa's on a gk76a

Post by chutney » Thu May 11, 2017 12:39 am

Bought some of these the 160/60 rear fits beautifully but the front 120/70 is rubbing horrifically on the front hugger has anyone ran these without any rub and if so how?

Nobbsie
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Pirelli diablo supercorsa's on a gk76a

Post by Nobbsie » Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 am

I was just thinking about getting some myself..... I have herd of some people slotting the front guard and raising it up with use of washers. But would be interesting to hear if anyone has done it on here.

chutney
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by chutney » Sun May 14, 2017 10:17 am

Well I have in fact now made some brackets to rise the front up as it literally has to move on to the top of the original bracket bolt holes I'll put some photos up later (on a side note the tires are f@*king awesome to ride)

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3

Post by moforockband » Mon May 15, 2017 10:40 am

Supercorsa's are the best choice for out and out performance road legal wise. They do however lose performance with heat cycles, and age. Sc1 compound F+R overall work best for the 400's I've found.
Last edited by moforockband on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chutney
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by chutney » Thu May 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Here's a pic of the rear just to show clearance I picked up a stone that's what's caused the mark on the hugger
On the front to raise the hugger I used two small thin pieces of stainless steel drilled the required holes and bolted it all up, then on the front part of the hugger I used one of them tiling/grouting plastic sheets from b&q cost about £1.50 it gives the front a bit of movement in case you do pick up crud off of the road rather that shatter than my hugger :roll: