Suspension travel length on GK76a

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
KiwiBiker
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: '94 GSXR400, '14 CBR300
Suspension travel length on GK76a

Post by KiwiBiker » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:41 am

I was reading that your rider sag should be 1/4 to 1/3rd of your suspension travel length.
Does anybody know what this length is front and rear on the 76a?
Its not listed in the sticky spec sheet and a google search didnt come up trumps for me.

JulianBoolean
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Suspension travel length on GK76a

Post by JulianBoolean » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:11 pm

If you weigh over 11 stone you might as well just wind the pre load up as hard as it go, it'll still be too soft, I had an SP and had to wind the preload all the way in.
Brilliant little bike though, test rode an NC30 and a ZXR400 when I bought it, NC30 handled better but the GSXR was a better overall package, best not to talk about the ZXR, not a nice motorbike.

KiwiBiker
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: '94 GSXR400, '14 CBR300
Re: Suspension travel length on GK76a

Post by KiwiBiker » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:05 pm

JulianBoolean wrote:If you weigh over 11 stone you might as well just wind the pre load up as hard as it go, it'll still be too soft, I had an SP and had to wind the preload all the way in.
Brilliant little bike though, test rode an NC30 and a ZXR400 when I bought it, NC30 handled better but the GSXR was a better overall package, best not to talk about the ZXR, not a nice motorbike.
Cheers Julian, luckily I only weigh 9 stone but even then my suspension still sucked so Ive fitted racetech front springs & a K7 GSXR600 rear shock, I'm just in the process now of getting it set up right.