Missing Bracket + Resurrection

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
monkers
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR400R
Missing Bracket + Resurrection

Post by monkers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:34 am

Hi,

Could anybody give me a steer with this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y166q1imekj97 ... 8.jpg?dl=0

I think there is a bracket missing. It's under the tank on my 76a. I have probably taken it off in the distant past & it's in a box somewhere. Was without a garage for a year or 3 so had to stash bike etc. wherever I could, that's my excuse anyway! :whistle:

I actually started it up on Saturday,must be the first time she has run for over 2 years, maybe longer. I am glad to see 76a carb removal is, with Tony's help, like riding the proverbial bike. After the first go it all came flooding back, how miserable setting these bikes up can be. Need new tank, hopefully sorted. spark plugs, arriving Wednesday £27.50 delivered, good price that I thought . Got an engine flush to do but I need the tank in situ for that really, says run engine for 20 mins, can't do that with temp tank. I've changed all the coolant too so could do with the thermostat getting up to temp & opening up the cooling system. All is well so far bighug
There are no secrets, you either know it or you don't.

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: Missing Bracket + Resurrection

Post by Variablevalves suck » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Yes that's the mount, I don't know if the 76 has spacers you nes take a look in the parts book but simply space it out with a load of 6mm washers, anything will work as its not taking any load.

donk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Gk76a x2

Post by donk » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Give me a shout if you can't find it . I've got a spare you can have for nothing

monkers
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by monkers » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:26 am

donk wrote:Give me a shout if you can't find it . I've got a spare you can have for nothing
Kind of you feller, thanks. I've tracked it down fortunately. Just need to suss out fixings & it's done.

monkers
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by monkers » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Got it all back together now, big thanks to xstian for the tank :grin:

MOT booked for next Thursday. Looks a bit of a patchwork now but hey, one thing at a time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fk8uzj3e0f2f ... 2.jpg?dl=0