Carb balance

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
egonski
Settled in member
Reactions:
Carb balance

Post by egonski » Tue May 24, 2016 3:02 pm

I've sifted through various articles on carbs but can't find one that explains how to do it like the one on the Honda V4 section. Is there one?. Please point me in the right direction if there is, if not then a few words please. I gather the carbs are split into two banks of 2 not one block of 4.
Cheers.

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3
Re: Carb balance

Post by moforockband » Tue May 24, 2016 6:26 pm

You balance the 2 outer carbs to each other using the outer screws, then balance both pairs using the centre screw.
To get them to balance you need:
- good compression
- valve clearances set
- block the pipe to the petrol tap vacuum.
It can help slightly picking up the idle using the throttle stop screw, and then return it once finished.

egonski
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by egonski » Fri May 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Thanks, you don't happen to have any pictures do you?. I have no idea where to attach the pipes to or which screws to turn!

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Fri May 27, 2016 3:29 pm

On each carb top is a small rubber cap, remove it and attach the pipes.

Between each carb is a central bar that has springs on, in the middle you will see a small screw that when turned changes the throttle valve position, you can't see them move with the airbox fitted so you simply turn them and the gauge will move, adjust till all the same.

Look on the factory pro website as they have very clear and detailed information on there.

ventYl
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSF 400 Bandit

Post by ventYl » Sat May 28, 2016 8:46 am

Get GSF 400 Bandit workshop manual. The process is depicted there and the manual is available on the internets. The engine is similar to GSX-R's so guide should apply cleanly to your bike too.

egonski
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by egonski » Sun May 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Many thanks, will get hold of a bandit manual.