Where do the hoses go?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
egonski
Settled in member
Reactions:
Where do the hoses go?

Post by egonski » Wed May 18, 2016 1:03 pm

Took the tank of my bike to remove and clean the carbs a few months ago. Other stuff got in the way and I have just got round to sorting it and putting it back together. Now, the problem is that I have four locations for hoses from the tank, 3 on the tap and one drain hose. I have five hoses that I disconnected and are waiting to be married up!.
I can't remember where it goes. The other odd thing is that although I removed the hoses from the tank, I have a short hose with a brass connector coming from the fuel tap. I assume I just dis connected it as that was easiest. Oddly, the connector doesn't fit any of the hoses, they are all too big!
Main fuel and reserve pipes are obvious, as is the drain pipe, they are lying in the right places. So I have one hose from the fuel tap with a brass connector that doesn't seem to fit any of the other hoses and a spare hose that seems to go to the airbox.
Does anyone have a diagram of this ?
Also, I would like to replace the hoses anyway and does anyone know if you can buy specific sets for the 400 or if you just buy off the shelf lengths?

Cheers.

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3
Re: Where do the hoses go?

Post by moforockband » Wed May 18, 2016 3:50 pm

What bike is it??
One pipe will likely be the vacuum to the back of the tap. One airbox pipe will be the drain, and leads out of the btm of the bike. One pipe may be the airbox breather which will be larger (connects from valve cover to airbox)

I buy 8mm petrol pipe for my 73a from ebay, which as long as you go for branded stuff is OK. Cheap stuff goes hard when submitted to petrol.

A picture of the bike and pipes will help.

egonski
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by egonski » Wed May 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Its a GK76A, sorry, forgot to add that.
I'm unable to post pictures, my pc doesn't like the way it's done on here.

chutney
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by chutney » Mon May 23, 2016 1:01 pm

on my 76 i have 3 main hoses one from the left hand carbs (1/2) this goes into the front of the tank on the left hand side closest to the tap

I have a right hand pipe for the carb (3/4) that goes to the centre part of the tank furthest from the tap

Then the vacuum pipe connects to the airbox im sure which is the one obviously behind the tap

as for an over flow pipe mine is connect along the carbs so cant help you there mate as you seem to have more pipes than me under the tank :shock:

egonski
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by egonski » Tue May 24, 2016 3:00 pm

Sorted. It appears that the odd one out was the pipe with the brass connector. I assumed it fitted into another pipe but it actually fits directly into the carb. Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.