Flywheel/timing wheel/sprag clutch help

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
chutney
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Flywheel/timing wheel/sprag clutch help

Post by chutney » Sun May 22, 2016 12:24 pm

ok so now i have put another cdi on the bike im getting strong spark took the old cdi apart turns out that had melted and was probably the cause of the engine originally running on 3 cylinders, the bike still wont start so im now moving from the cdi to the carbs

Had the carbs rebuilt with new o rings, seals and emulsfier tubes could this mean i need to get them set up properly? ive sprayed easy start into the air box and carbs when turning over and no difference to the engine starting/spinning faster

I will try put some into the cylinders directly to see if theres any joy with it running
Last edited by chutney on Sun May 22, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moforockband
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK73a SP CRM250 mk3

Post by moforockband » Sun May 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Not advisable putting neat fuel into gsxr400 cylinders, they hydraulic really easy and can destroy the soft metal big end shells. Use easy start sparingly up the carb intake instead, aim for a fine mist.
You need to make sure you have the correct CDI for your rotor. ie as far as I know you need a 53hp one with the 53hp cdi, and the 59hp one................etc etc
Make sure you have the throttles balanced and have the correct 'idle angle', ie the throttle plates nearly totally shut when starting the bike otherwise it will not start if they are open too much. Just turn the throttle stop nearly fully out, and try again.
As before check you have the correct polarity on the pulse coil.

chutney
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by chutney » Sun May 22, 2016 8:29 pm

thanks for the info mate this here is what im getting with the easy start into the carbs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFjDjA5-8xs

hopefully someone on here can hear what the problem is :roll:

ive currently got a c40 cdi with an earlier timing rotor (which according to research should run together both being 59hp era) as i said it did run on 3 cylinders untill i got the carbs of to have them rebuilt (i didnt rebuld them but had them done by a bike mechanic who can work carbs) since then it just wont go :down:

chutney
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by chutney » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:49 pm

hello an update the bike now runs i put new plugs in and higher octane fuel from your local pterol station and it now runs but very boggy so now onto the carb setup i guess thanks guys for the help
:rocks: