Gk76a SP Questions

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: Gk76a SP Questions

Post by Variablevalves suck » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Nice work I really like the use of the oe carb body to mount the injectors.

I made my own loom for sticks, think the plugs are Sumitomo and used by nearly all bike and car manufacturers.
Also re did the genny and regulator connections with larger versions to keep water out.

Balogiannis
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSX-R 400 SP ,GSX-R 1000 K7

Post by Balogiannis » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:37 am

SevenThreeSeven I've seen other EFI conversions but these carbs with the injectors look like factory made... Pure art :drool:

if you ever find the time please post more pics :pray:

SevenThreeSeven
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by SevenThreeSeven » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:38 pm

Balogiannis wrote:SevenThreeSeven I've seen other EFI conversions but these carbs with the injectors look like factory made... Pure art :drool:

if you ever find the time please post more pics :pray:
Okay, not a problem. Here's my project-build-thread over at BanditAlley: http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=13747.0. Contains an absolute metric-sh*tload of pictures and video, with explanations of my thought process as to the "why" and "how".

I've been on a winter break from this Bandit 400 project (last bit of work and last post on the project thread were back in December), planning to get back to work on it sometime in March.

I did a similar conversion on a Kawasaki EX-250 a few years ago. This Bandit 400 project is a chance to improve over the EX-250 project by putting to use a lot of "lessons learned" from the first go round.

Hubbskiboy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK76A 1993 and 1990

Post by Hubbskiboy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:29 pm

That is some proper reworking of the ignition system SevenThreeSeven, and I like it!
I'm 'currently' looking at updating my coils to some miniature Dynatek DC1-2's but now I'm thinking I may go down the stick coil route.
Problem is, my bike being the GK76a, space is not an option, so those coils may get in the way of all the stuff that fits under the tank.
The tank itself may not sit properly.
Fitting the coils shouldn't be a problem for me, but I don't understand how the Quadspark ignitor box would work.
Do you have a wiring diagram to hand?
Thanks,
Hubbskiboy.