GK76A No Spark

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: GK76A No Spark

Post by Variablevalves suck » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Side stand switch is a simple open close switch and only works when in gear.
The pickup only needs testing for resistance and to test you simply connect one test probe to each wire, reading is around 100 ohms.
You can use a bandit400 gasket available from any suzi dealer.

shotti
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: gsxr 400

Post by shotti » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:36 am

thanks youvery much vvs you have been most helpful i get nothing off it so i guess its fryd :( will have to wait till i get paid unless i can source a used one thankyou all will update when fixed with the bike back together and shiny :P p.s should i be looking at why it broke? did actualy happen on the first day she saw rain and my brother had a party that night garden was crammed >.<

here is a pic just to confirm my test is correct

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Variablevalves suck » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:15 am

Can be cheaper to look for a second hand casing that has the pickup still fitted.

shotti
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by shotti » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:11 pm

got my new pulse gen today and she coughed back into life only let it run few seconds though as its really low on oil will top it up when my gasket gets here and take her out i hope xD thanks all for helping me find my problem im sure you saved me a pretty penny

ben2306
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: gk76a

Post by ben2306 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:49 pm

shotti wrote:got my new pulse gen today and she coughed back into life only let it run few seconds though as its really low on oil will top it up when my gasket gets here and take her out i hope xD thanks all for helping me find my problem im sure you saved me a pretty penny
is it the pulse coil aka pick up coil?? the small black box with 2 or 3 wires. :grin:

shotti
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by shotti » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:20 pm

ben2306 wrote:
shotti wrote:got my new pulse gen today and she coughed back into life only let it run few seconds though as its really low on oil will top it up when my gasket gets here and take her out i hope xD thanks all for helping me find my problem im sure you saved me a pretty penny
is it the pulse coil aka pick up coil?? the small black box with 2 or 3 wires. :grin:
yes there is a pic on the previous pic, seems it has differant name depending on where you live but on the suzuki receipt it says pulse gen assembly :P

Ivandit
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSF400v

Post by Ivandit » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi (and sorry for the re-floating of the thread).

Any advice or update on this? My '93 400V Bandit is having exactly the same issues and I have no clue what can be going on, as I think 2 coils and the pickup down at the same time is a bit weird...

- 12v in the coil + (orange)
- 3.6-3.7 resistance in the coils (primary)
- Nothing in the secondary (coil-spark plug)
- Nothing in the pickup sensor, no resistance, not even continuity. The sensor looks like the one in the pics, as been hit. Appearance of the wires is good though, and the bike has only 10.000km.

Thanks!! :peace:

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Variablevalves suck » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:07 pm

You must have a resistance in the pick up, its around the 100ohm mark give or take 5 ohms, if this is giving no reading then you must start by changing to a food one.