Lets try again!!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: Lets try again!!

Post by Variablevalves suck » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:42 pm

SP's do have different clutch even on the 73a.
Dont know if its the picture but the upper crank looks wider?

Andy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: R1x2 98/2k/Gp125/73a/76a/76a

Post by Andy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:28 am

Variablevalves suck wrote:SP's do have different clutch even on the 73a.
Dont know if its the picture but the upper crank looks wider?
Hey,
Just the angle i took the picture at i think,identical widths. Managed to make most of the subframe req to support the new seat unit but i`m not to sure about the height/angle etc even though it`s at the same angle as a standard seat unit,it`s just so minimal compared to the original. What do you lot think?
Sorry about the quality ,taken in a rush.....
Regard`s
Andy :grin:

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Its hard to say when the rar is on the stand.
I'd drop the bike onto both wheels and then take a look.
A seat pad makes a big difference as well.

ben2306
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: gk76a

Post by ben2306 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm

just curious. with that rear frame, where will you hide the battery & cdi? :twisted:

Andy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Andy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm

ben2306 wrote:just curious. with that rear frame, where will you hide the battery & cdi? :twisted:
Hey,
Battery will be a small four cell affair so very small and light and the ignition i will be using(Dyna2000) is only small too so they both will be mounted on an alloy plate in the rear seat hump. Minimal amount of wiring when the bike is complete so not to hard to route/hide....i hope!!
Regard`s

Marsbar
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Marsbar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Andy wrote:
Is Marsbar`s 400 a genuine sp and do`s it have a smaller clutch basket compared to standard? I have an sp inlet and there is a slight difference lift/duration etc but unfortunately mines scrap. Cheers for the info Chris....

Regard`s
Hey, I got told from engine number that it was genuine sp. I havnt done any measurements. My crankshaft needs some work done to it if it isn't beyond repair. I got a lot of pics on my fb album. Need to get rid off my mates track gsxr before I can do anywork and my zzr needs a new gearbox. Carnt link pics currently in france and I rarly check forum, can add me on fb if you wish for better communication, (robert paul durrant)

Andy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Andy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Clutch info/update;

Hey,
Standard clutch;
Sp clutch;
A fair few differences including 9 plates as opposed to 8 in the standard clutch,the basket is`nt as big on the sp(circumference) and also the basket itself is far more substantial than standard.4 bolts(sp) and 5 on the standard one(pressure plate). Not had a lot of time to measure more but i`m sure more differences will be evident as i check. Will also weigh both to see how the weights vary. With the sp basket being a little smaller(circumference) it will spin up easier than a standard example but i suspect all in with plates etc it will weigh more....we`ll see!
More as and when.....
One more slight issue is now a standard clutch cover wont work with the sp clutch (too wide),the sp clutch cover(76a) is approx 10mm deeper/wider than the stock item so i`ve got my casing windowed to give more clearance. Will post some pictures of the differences when i get the chance to photograph them together so you can see what i mean....
Dont know if the 73 is the same case wise perhaps vvs would be kind enough to check his or marsbar for the 76 to confirm?

Marsbar
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Marsbar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Just got Back from France, Got a case in cupboard what you want measuring? my clutch basket that came from my SP engine is not like that so looks like its had a change in the past :( poo, will have to hunt for an SP one now

Andy
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Andy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Marsbar wrote:Just got Back from France, Got a case in cupboard what you want measuring? my clutch basket that came from my SP engine is not like that so looks like its had a change in the past :( poo, will have to hunt for an SP one now
Hey,
Primary drive on sp crank is bigger than the standard crank so if you have a standard basket you will have a standard crank also Mars. You say the numbers on your cases say it`s a sp?(what year is it?)
Regard`s

Marsbar
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Marsbar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Bah that sux, It made 56bhp when i got it standard, and i gave my engine number that has Auto-data program and he said it was an SP engine number :/ will have to check everything. But prob not worth it i dont know, tempted to go Dry clutch just for the hell of doing it.