Will not rev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Andy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: R1x2 98/2k/Gp125/73a/76a/76a
Will not rev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Andy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Ok fella`s,
I could`nt sell the gk73a for the money i wanted so decided to work on `her` instead (R6 fork`s/gsxr 750 rear shock etc...),got to be honest i was really dissapointed with it compared to the 76.Never mind to the question in hand;The better half`s 76 still wont rev past 11 grand no matter what i try :x I`ve changed the plug`s/cap`s/lead`s/coil`s and pick up sensor for new or proven replacements,the carb`s have had a full strip/clean/check/o-ring kit and set as per manuel balanced also.The bike run`s very well and is far more responsive than it used to be but just wont rev past 11 in ANY gear.Two different c.d.i`s have been tried to no avail.All continuity has been checked on all wiring ignition and other so quite frankly i am at a loss with the fooker.Dont get me wrong here the bike is a pleasure to ride(better than the 73)and is still plenty quick for the road i just cant help feeling i`m missing out here,any idea`s would be greatfully received :|