Need Some Info Please

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Gazz
Settled in member
Reactions:
Need Some Info Please

Post by Gazz » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum as you can see, I have a few questions before I work on this bike (it rides terrible :( ) I hope some of you experienced gixxer 400 boys can help me with. (the bike is a 76a SP)

1 Is it only SP's which have a TPS?

2 Can the TPS be reset, if so how do you do it, do have to set a resistance at idle?

3 Does anybody here supply a complete 'O' Ring kit (made from appropriate material) for this bikes carbs?

4 Are the SP's restricted? If so is it via the gear box/gear switch? or is it the speedo or both?

5 Anywhere I can download a service manual?

6 Will it need a derestricted CDI?

Hope somebody can help, thanks.

Gazz

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: Need Some Info Please

Post by Variablevalves suck » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi Gazz,
All the jap bikes are speed restricted to 180Kph, on Suzukis it is usually done via the gear sensor that sends a different resistance back to the cdi via a green or green/yellow wire, on the Bandit that i have you remove the wire leaving the gear side loose and put a 1.5kOhm resistor btween the cdi and an earth piont, this tricks the cdi into thinking its in second gear and no restriction. The SP and the VariableValve bandit get tps and i dont know how you work it (google it). the SP is a pain on the road as the first gear is so high and if i remember its got its own Cdi (could you post the cdi part number) also from 93 onwards all jap bikes are restricted to 53bhp not 58bhp and i dont know if the speed restrictor fixes this.
Chris.

Chalky
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Chalky » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:15 am

Allo mate, I'm afraid I can only answer the following

Service manuals....gold dust, all the info we have available on this forum is linked in this thread http://www.400greybike.info/newforum/vi ... 566#p50566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hop it helps

Gazz
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Gazz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, Chalky, thanks for the heads up on the spec. Chris, I hope to get the bike tomorrow, It has one plug on CDI, I'll post up the part number. I got your pm and have tried to reply but my message wont leave my outbox for some reason!

I can't seem to find any info on setting the TPS sadly :(

If anybody else can answer my question I would be grateful.

Thanks
Gazz

ripzay
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ripzay » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Gazz wrote:3 Does anybody here supply a complete 'O' Ring kit (made from appropriate material) for this bikes carbs?
Yes, there's a lovely gixxer 4 racer from america who supplies complete rebuild kits for them - and there's also a guy that pops up on ebay with them every now and again.
Last edited by ripzay on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:58 pm

ripzay wrote:
Gazz wrote:3 Does anybody here supply a complete 'O' Ring kit (made from appropriate material) for this bikes carbs?
Yes, there's a lovely gixxer 4 racer from america who supplies complete rebuild kits for them - and there's also a gut that pops up on ebay with them every now and again.
A gut? :poke:

Chalky
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Chalky » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Variablevalves suck wrote:
ripzay wrote:
Yes, there's a lovely gixxer 4 racer from america who supplies complete rebuild kits for them - and there's also a gut that pops up on ebay with them every now and again.
A gut? :poke:

lol so is that a fat biker then Ripzay?