Everyone's GSXR400

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
dashy_gsxr
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Everyone's GSXR400

Post by dashy_gsxr » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Am away at uni and miss my bike :cry: so thought id upload a pic.

Hope it works! havent uploaded a pic on here before

fujigas1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: TOO MANY TO LIST!

Post by fujigas1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Just thought you might like to see the girlfriends Gixer 400 before and after a weekends worth of Streetfightering!! :lol: :lol:

:tits:

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:27 pm

wow, you know what i really like that - and coming from "Mr Standard" its not often you will hear me say that
Well done
Insert Signature Here

Jaicen
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GK76SP & ER6F

Post by Jaicen » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:37 pm

That does look great, though the seat unit could do with being smaller in my opinion.

Can't believe you did to such a tidy bike, i'm assuming that it can be made standard again fairly easily?

fujigas1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by fujigas1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:10 am

Cheers Guy's, I was quite happy with it as it was a pretty quick and easy conversion and done on the whim of the girlfriend! You know the score what she want's she gets! :whistle: :lol:
Reckon your right about the seat unit but the idea was to do a conversion that didn't alter anything that couldn't be put back to original, ya know what I mean, nowt cut or chopped! I just used a few bit's and bobs I had lying about!
The down pipes are from a 400 Impulse but I had to use the Impulse sump and oil pick up filter, the DID can was one I had for a Honda NC24.
The radiator and pipes also came from a 400 Impulse with the single Impulse fan.
I drilled another top yoke to fit the after market bar risers and fitted flat bars and the head light was a Honda item but later changed to twin round chrome things. The indicators are standard Bandit 400 items and that was about it! easy peasy! ;)
The bike is now actually back to totally standard, complete with original indicators and being enjoyed by it's new owner. But I still have all the bit's and pieces so I'm on the look out for a cheap tatty Gixer to fit it all to again but this time go the full hog and fit a different seat unit, plenty of polishing and a fancy paint job :smile:
No rest for the wicked! :o or from her that must be obeyed! :pray: :lol:
HER THAT MUST BE OBEYED! :peace:

fujigas1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by fujigas1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Just to give an idea of how I fitted flat bars to the Gixer top yoke, hope this helps Greybloke :peace:

LeatherPants
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR400

Post by LeatherPants » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Rubbish pic of my 71B. Picked it up cheap cheap from an old colleague ages ago and it's sat doing nothing for a while. Still figuring out whether or not I'm going to try and resurrect it or offload it.

LP

Tonyj
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400 3EN1 88, YZFR125.GK76a

Post by Tonyj » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Alright lads some very nice bikes here so I thought id share a pic of my gk76 with you all, I just picked it up today so theres a lot to do with it.
Tonyj ;)

Marsbar
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Marsbar » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm

any idea what rear end that is off? looks very tidy

Tonyj
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400 3EN1 88, YZFR125.GK76a

Post by Tonyj » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi Mars thanks for your comment, its a fibreglass tail for a 600 gixer, im thinking a K1 prob 2001 ish, it is a bit rough I think it had some moisture on it when it was painted and has bubble under the paint on the tail. :(
It almost looks Ducati or Triumph yellow in certain lights.

i picked it up yesterday no mot or tax for £500 with 42km on clock, 4 owners but it pulls very well and the gearbox feels great. I reckon it was a good deal but its my first GK76 so Im relying on other forum members like yourself from now on for advice if thats ok??

Ill be lookin for some bits as it needs at least a rhs mirror, the screen is cracked (badly), and there is a cut down silencer (stubby style) which has been welded by stevie wonder 8-) (not) and has a pin hole so could be an mot fail.

Ill be spending a lot of time in the forum familiarising myself with the common issues etc and its great to see the result of others hard work, blood sweat and tears too!!

:rocks: