gsxr tail conversion

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
johnwilkinson71
Settled in member
Reactions:
gsxr tail conversion

Post by johnwilkinson71 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 pm

I currently have a gsxr 400 sp gk73, which is obviously athe single seat version, however my daughter wants to start riding on the back. Other than trying to find the plastic body work and a rear seat, does any one know if i need to change the subframe or any other parts.
regards
john

Benr
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Suzuki GSXR400RRsp GK73
Re: gsxr tail conversion

Post by Benr » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 am

Not sure you can change the sub frame (I haven't looked) should imagine it's very different from a normal GK73a though. You may also need to modify your end can as I'm sure the exhaust is a higher level system as well.

Mells1975
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: '89 GSXR-400(GK73A)

Post by Mells1975 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:36 pm

hi john,

i'm not going to pretend to be an expert on this but not so long ago i was thinking of doing the opposite (going from double to single seat). i saw someone selling the whole tail piece on ebay and it came with with a subframe and everything which the seller seemed to think would be different to the double seat version. i know the light cluster is different for sure.
would you consider some kind of swap deal where we both might gain or did you want to keep the original bits in case you want to swap back?

just a thought anyway.....

Lee.

stripes1976
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 6 gk76a's, nc29

Post by stripes1976 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:59 pm

as with the 76a single seat bits they are impossible to find. Personally i would keep them and pick up the complete rear end from a non sp. Sub frame seat foot pegs and lights etc.