Tyres

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n
Tyres

Post by Speedy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Hey up fellow Bandidos. :)
My Bandida will be needing a new front tyre soon(ish) and I was wondering what you guys have on yours and which you recommend? I should point out though, that I do a lot of miles and so the super sticky stuff isn't really practical for my needs; although it's not to say that I want to compromise on grip (the front in particular!).
Both current tyres are Bridgestone's BT45 and seem decent enough on the milage side of things at least; however the front is decidedly rubbish at the mo, in the sense that it doesn't inspire much confidence due to its uneven over-wearing, occuring between the middle part and the very edge; possible constant abuse of a badly adjusted tyre pressure, by the previous owner! :roll:
I also note that the front could do with a bit extra width; would a 120/70-17 be ok to go with the 150/70-17 rear, rather than the standard 110?
Cheers all. 8-)
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied
Re: Tyres

Post by Variablevalves suck » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi Speedy,
I use Battleaxe 090's but you may find them a little soft for everyday use, most of the guys on Bandit foums go with pilots and say good grip/mileage.