GK71F Having some electrical (?) issues

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Oldgregg
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
GK71F Having some electrical (?) issues

Post by Oldgregg » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Hi all,

I have an imported GSX R400 that I picked up a little under a year ago. Recently as I was going to ride it home from the gym it started having issues a minute or so after I cranked it up. It was bogging down, would only run with full choke, was making no power and the tach stopped working. I had to push it home and the next day I fired it up and it worked fine (tach worked, sounded fine, held idle) until it got up to operating temp then it had the same issues as before. I thought It was the ignition coils that were failing so I replaced those and no luck, it still has the same issues.

Before I throw more money at it does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Im assuming its the an issue in the igniter unit (part #32900-32b10) but if anyone knows how to test it or could point me in the actual right direction Id really appreciate it.

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893
Re: GK71F Having some electrical (?) issues

Post by MadMotoUK » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:31 pm

Silly question, but what state is the battery in? Are you sure the charging system is working properly?

mechannibalism
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: GK71F Having some electrical (?) issues

Post by mechannibalism » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:26 am

Try and determine which cylinder is dead, if it's a pair (1&4) or (2&3) Than it is one of the Pass Transistors in the Ignitior. It can be replaced....keep us posted on your findings.