GSXR400 GK73A front callipers

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
pobrika
Settled in member
Reactions:
GSXR400 GK73A front callipers

Post by pobrika » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:07 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post, looking at my bike it may be the first of many though ;)

I recently purchased a 1988 GSXR400 GK73A that was used as a doner bike, so it's missing a few parts, however, it's mostly intact albeit in need of a full strip and rebuild due to rust, I did hook a battery up and it turned over which is something.

First on my list is to rebuild the front end, however, there are no calipers, does anyone know if they are the same size as the RGV250 ones? I'm finding I need to find parts of the bike I can get from UK sources where possible to save on overall costs.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: GSXR400 GK73A front callipers

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:38 pm

Howdo Pobrika

Welcome :)

Let's have a look at the forks and fittings - I have no idea bet would suspect you have a defined mounting point bolt spacing - 40mm, 63/6mm or some massive option like Yamahas seem to use!

You'll find a set of calipers to fit but you'll need the hole centres measured for it
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

pobrika
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: GSXR400 GK73A front callipers

Post by pobrika » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:25 pm

Thanks for your reply, More searching around last night I came across this page, which lists a bunch of bikes that seem to share the same calipers, so I think I've answered my own question, I guess I'll find some, and then hope for the best. This is the start of a long road I think.

https://awmotorcycleparts.co.uk/caliper ... l1000sv-sx