Exhaust.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Brett
Settled in member
Reactions:
Exhaust.

Post by Brett » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:13 am

Amyone know where I can by an end can connector pipe(if there is such a thing)or an after market exhaust for a gk76a 400?
I already have a micron I think will fit, but need the connector pipe.

garynortheast
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Exhaust.

Post by garynortheast » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:11 pm

A link pipe is what you need.

I made up a template out of a couple of bits of old exhaust pipe of the right diameter by cutting and bending it to the shape I needed. Then I took it along to a place in Telford called Telford Exhausts and Tyres He made me a pipe up in stainless steel while I was there and a superb job he made of it too. Cost me all of £20! Phone 01952 245559 / 07761 703774 and ask for Kes.

Brett
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Brett » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 pm

Nice one, although my mechanical skills are not up to that. I don't suppose you/he still has the template?

garynortheast
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by garynortheast » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:16 pm

No particular skill required for this job Brett, other than the ability to use a hacksaw! I started by mounting the silencer where I wanted it. Then, having retrieved a piece of old exhaust pipe of the right diameter from the exhaust fitter's skip I put one end on the pipe under the bike and cut "V" shaped pieces out of the bit of old pipe in different places in order to bend it to the right shape.
All it takes is a bit of time. When I'd got the shape I wanted I took it to a mate of mine who put a few tack welds on it to keep it the right shape.

The template I made would be unlikely to be much good for your bike as the pipe and silencer are different to your bike.

Brett
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Brett » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:44 pm

Thanks Gary, I'll give it a go this weekend. I rang the place and they said they'd sort it out if I took the bike down, but Telfords quite a ride, so out with the hacksaw it is!

Gavsta
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Gavsta » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:27 pm

Link pipes do come up on ebay occasionally - thats where I got mine from.

garynortheast
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by garynortheast » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Nice to make them to your own design though. That way you can position the silencer as you want it.