changing speedo from kph to mph

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
jaybe64
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1988 kawasaki ZX 400 G
changing speedo from kph to mph

Post by jaybe64 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:24 pm

hi can anyone please help me ? :whistle: I have an old ZX 400g which is in kph and I want/have changed it to zxr 400 mph one , easy enough . now the question :- the old speedo ( KPH ) has the three restrictor wires ( connector) on the dial ( same as zxr restricted type ) well the mph ( ZXR mph one ) doesn't have the wires on it , so do I have to bridge the wires on the main harness where it would have plugged in or what do I do ( three wire block connector ) ? :oops: I have also got the British ecu ( blue label with M ) which I have read on another form is the British derestricted version ." please someone must know" . I know how to derestrict the kph one ( remove plastic inside dial its self )

richyrd5
Reactions:
Re: changing speedo from kph to mph

Post by richyrd5 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:08 am

Yup.i need some info on doing this as well...did you find out after chap??

richyrd5
Reactions:
Re: changing speedo from kph to mph

Post by richyrd5 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:49 pm

You have to either do resistor mod or get cable converter...i think the resistor mod is easiest for you as you have mph clock...10k 1 watt resistor on pink wire then earth it..easy!!