not a 400 but maybe someone can help?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
lip
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: vfr 400 nc30, zxr 750 l1
not a 400 but maybe someone can help?

Post by lip » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:09 am

my zxr750 l1, having some problems with running at the minute since starting to get serious on the whole refresh front. so completely rewired the bike all new bulbs, relays and fuses, checked valve clearances, zx10r throttle tube, balanced carbs and given it a full service including leads, caps and new coils. now the fun part it will run on choke fine and idle for 30 seconds or so without then if you touch the throttle it bogs and if i give it a fist full it wont rev out over 5k. fresh fuel, new fuel filter and replaced fuel tap seals. it sounds like a starvation problem but no fuel lines are being pinched or twisted i have noticed the inner breather on the tank is nakered as the breather was blocked but this caused no issues before hand, pump is operating as it should as is the pump relay, this weekend i'm going to strip, clean and make sure the carbs are set up correctly anyone have any ideas where else to try if this is unsuccessful?
could this be an electrical fault with maybe the cdi unit? i'm at a loss to be honest after 4 full weekends on it now even the 750 nuts can't really seem to point me in the correct direction although it seems a common find on this era of kawasakis. did not have this problem before fitting all of the above bike ran faultlessly apart from having no lights.

CB 4
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: not a 400 but maybe someone can help?

Post by CB 4 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 pm

HI it may be worth riggin up a remote tank and tryin that to see if it improves the prob ,maybe work through all the systems that have been worked on and recheck them does sound carb related,av athink about it and see if i can come up with an idea thxc