ZXR Dynojet kit...running rough.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Hellmutt
Settled in member
Reactions:
ZXR Dynojet kit...running rough.

Post by Hellmutt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Question for you tuning guru's....Bought a dynojet kit for my ZXR, installed it as instructed and the bike started and idles great. Only problem is as I'm riding it there is a mumur when I am not on the gas, and at times the throttle is not as responsive as it was before. I can definately feel the power increase but the unreponsiveness and murmur are killing me..Any help would be great...I did put spacers on the needles and added end cans and K&N filter.

Joshh
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: ZXR Dynojet kit...running rough.

Post by Joshh » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 pm

It could be just something really simple like your air/fuel ratio could be wrong to how it should be running when lower down. Try getting your air/fuel ratio checked you can do that on a dyno & tweek your dynojet kit a little, see if this makes any difference.

#EDIT - Because your running K&N air filter and a aftermarket exhaust you need to tweek your dynojet kit to co-operate with these, as running them straight in are intended for stock filters & exhausts