starting issues. please help

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
rigsby
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC 30, gsxr slingshot, benelli
starting issues. please help

Post by rigsby » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 pm

hi there,

My brother in law has a zxr 400 h2 in lovely condition, after a 6 month spell of no use over the winter it now refuses to start. I have checked plugs , stripped carbs etc and still no joy. I was unsure about fuel pump so replaced it with a second hand one. The pump iv tested directly off a battery and works fine i also replaced pump relay with a new one to be on safe side. The problem is that when carbs are dry there is no priming sequence so is starved of fuel and refuses to start. I rigged the fuel pump directly to an auxillary battery and with easy start it fired. I then plugged the pump back into loom and all seemed well, but as soon as bike is left for enough time for carbs to dry out the bugger wont start. I have never come across this problem with any of my bikes and am now at a loose end. I have checked all loom connections aswell plus this bike is immaculate and very well kept so no dodgy connections. Could the ECU be at fault?
cheers rigsby