Restricted ZXR 400, 1989, H1/2 ,model & FRONT FAIRING CHANGE

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
mikez1994
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Restricted ZXR 400, 1989, H1/2 ,model & FRONT FAIRING CHANGE

Post by mikez1994 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 am

Hi there I just got a ZXR 400, 1989, H1 or H2 model and it only goes to 112 mph n don't go no more so its restricted I think its a import as on insurance its a unknown reg have to put in automatically, I have been looking on forums and said imports have restrictors on but none imports are full power, Does any one know where the restrictor/ restrictors are and have any step by step pic n info on how to derestrict it, and I have seen on the forums about these rev boosters what actually do ie rev wise n speed wise, is there anything else i can do to make it faster just got a A16 moto gp can that's it for performance wise, just had a major ass service with the best parts n carbs cleaned etc etc, id like the bike rev wise to go to 14000rpm only for top speed when I get in the fast moods (RARELY) and speed wise what it can do fully derestricted/full power like 130 or what ever it is, and i have the front fairing with the 2 head lights I wanted to know if i got a 1991 on-wards faring with just the 1 solid light would it fit with out fiddling with it like re drilling holes for it to fit etc CAN I PLEASE NOT HAVE ANSWER LIKE DONT WASTE MONEY BUY A ZX636 AS I JUST HAD 1 AND SOLD IT AS THE INSURANCE WAS £10k IM 17 YES THATS WHY IT WAS SO MUCH, PICS OF BIKE ARE IN FILE

IN ADVANCE THANKS YOU FOR READING
MIKE.

jim157
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:
Bike owned: A few small ones
Re: Restricted ZXR 400, 1989, H1/2 ,model & FRONT FAIRING CH

Post by jim157 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 am

That must be the longest sentence in the history of the internet! :P

I think you've got a couple of derestriction options: resistor, speed tab or something like an m-max box (which is essentially the resistor in a plug in box).

More details of each method here.
AUTOEXEC.TWAT

Bikemike
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Restricted ZXR 400, 1989, H1/2 ,model & FRONT FAIRING CH

Post by Bikemike » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:38 pm

mikez1994 wrote: just had a major ass service
Yikes! :o