Wilbers - race shock

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
yeurman
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Wilbers - race shock

Post by yeurman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:47 pm

has anyone got any experience of these, any good? who services etc... I have picked one up recently for the ZXR400. its Type 641. Any comments much appreciated. cheers

vr46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: All sorts
Re: Wilbers - race shock

Post by vr46 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:14 pm

I've seen those for sale, a type 641 shock for an NC29 is about £500!
All the Wilbers Suspension are fully rebuildable and come with a full 5 year warranty. Each shock comes with a rebound adjustment of 22 clicks. Wilbers suspension has variable rate springs. These are not progressive springs but true variable rated springs. You have a choice of units at different prices - first there is the emulsion shock with spring pre-load and 22 - click rebound adjustment. next is the fully adjustable which has all the previous plus High/Low speed compression damping adjustment to give you total control. Shocks can be ordered with a hose or built in reservoir. Hydraulic Pre-load and Ride height adjustment are also options on most models.
You can specify your shocks in the Sportline - Blue spring and Red/Blue coloured adjusters or
Classic which has a black spring and Silver adjusters

yeurman
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by yeurman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:21 pm

bloody hell.. £600!! from your post, looks like I have the "sportline" as all colours detailed match. Might be work keeping then, as i thought it was a cheap item as I'd never heard of them. Many thanks.

vr46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: All sorts

Post by vr46 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Just had a quick look, CBR 400 type 641 shock:

New shock

Oh and here is a parts list so you will be able to id your shock model:

http://www.revsracing.co.uk/images/wilb ... rbeine.pdf

yeurman
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by yeurman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:35 pm

many thanks for the links... yep, I have the Type 641-196 46mm diameter, so it does look like a keeper, just gotta get it serviced and jobs a good'un. again many thanks. Col

abrmoto
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVFx5,SP1,MV F3,C90,Firestorm

Post by abrmoto » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:15 pm

I had one on my ZX7R race bike, good adjust ment and feel, was a ebay special from Germany but was very please with it, had some good results on the bike as well, and did Bush in 2009 with it.
Good shock, no problems with it.

yeurman
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by yeurman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Great stuff... I'm very gratefull for the feed back, sound like I have got a pretty good shock and looking forward to seeing how it performs... as Im an Ohlins man through and through. cheers Col