Cam Chain Broken (easy to fix ?)

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
MaDMaNM!Ke
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Cam Chain Broken (easy to fix ?)

Post by MaDMaNM!Ke » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:57 pm

[img]Hello
Anyone help me plz ive got a zxr400 H1 89 my cam chain has broken (Other Thing like Pistons, Valves, Shafts) could have gone. I dont no much about engines so all help would be usful. So i was thinking of getting the hole engine recondistioned i want the hole engine brand new again :P What parts could i get changed to new (cam chain piston rings etc) and what work ie port polishing & piston skiming would i need its a fantastic bike and ive spent loads of dolla on it when i desided to street fighter it looks nice tho Plz Help SOME 1 !!!!

techie
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Cam Chain Broken (easy to fix ?)

Post by techie » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 pm

That could be really nasty, if the valves have broken the stem and left the head of the valve bouncing around in the cylinder there could be substantial damage to the head as well.

You will need to have the motor stripped before making decisions and see what is damaged, then add up what it's going to cost and decide if you want to do that or go for a 2nd hand motor in good condition.