ZXR400 L3 Rebuild (Bristol)

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
jackdim
Settled in member
Reactions:
ZXR400 L3 Rebuild (Bristol)

Post by jackdim » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 am

Bought it for £450, got a load of t&t and service history but a non runner due to undiagnosed motor problems so stripped motor and found this:

Luckily the valve didn't drop right in and act as a centre punch for the bore so just a rehone and machining to remove head damage was in order. Also decided whilst I was at it I want to give the top end completely fresh components with new pistons/rings/collets/stem seals etc all around. Here's what's its going to cost in parts:

Done countless 2t's motor builds but this is my first 4t build, looking forward to the piston's arriving from Japan and getting on with it. Once done I doubt it would've worked out much cheaper than buying a running zxr400 l3 but I'm happy to use this bike as opportunity to learn about 4t's. Also I'll be happy in the knowledge that the motor will be good for a long while, ready for my jaunt to isle of wight for august bank holiday :grin: .

Just wondered as this L3 is an import will it be restricted just via the speedometer? Or by any other means?

Ta,
Jack

P.S. Any other Bristolian/Surrounding area members?

dougie doug
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: ZXR400 L3 Rebuild (Bristol)

Post by dougie doug » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 am

not bristol but the isle of wight, wots goin on in august??