zxr 400 fairing bolts size

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
justdan
Settled in member
Reactions:
zxr 400 fairing bolts size

Post by justdan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi guys,

Happy new year to you all. I am needing some helps and hoping a few of you can.

I took my zxr 4000 (1993) to a garage to get the leaking petrol pipe fixed few days ago and tonight on my way back from work I noticed one of the fairing bold is missing, so clearly the guy in the garage lost it or forgot to put it back on when the job was done.

So, I have been looking on the internet trying to find out which bolt and size i need but I couldn't find it and I am not a handy guy that can identify this king of thing. I was hoping I can a full set and just pick the one I need, but little did I know the full set of bolts isn't cheap and the cheapest is about £22 on ebay and I am not willing to spend that kind of money for just one missing bolt.

Can any zxr 400 owner able to tell me which bolt I need please? It is for the top bolt on the left hand side fairing, I know it is a allen key button head bolt but I don't know the size and length I need. I know I can take the one on the right hand side off and try to match it in the hardware store but I am that not handy, I will try to avoid doing it, if I can.

Hope someone here can help.

Thanks

willandrip
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Far, far too many now
Re: zxr 400 fairing bolts size

Post by willandrip » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:47 am

Why not just go back to where it was serviced and explain your predicament.

If any use at all; they should take the responsibility.
If they are unwilling to do that then avoid them in future.
A red box doth not a Snap On make.

watsonm359
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: zxr 400 fairing bolts size

Post by watsonm359 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Try going on to the Cradley Kawasaki web-site and search for your model. I've purchased a lot of parts from them and can say without doubt that they are top of their class and the web-site is easy to use.