zxr 250

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ZXR250NINJA
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
zxr 250

Post by ZXR250NINJA » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I need quite alot of info so sorry if this drags on. Anyway, ive just bought a 1993 zxr250 c and im struggling to find performance parts for it, however i have found bits for the zxr400 which consist of carbs, dynojet kit, ram air box (race) race fairing (with ram air cut out) and some handmade down pipes with an MTC end can. They seem like very similiar bikes so was wondering if any of these fit or can be made to fit. My bike is in top nick for the age and has only done 7000miles, i wanted to make it into a little project. The parts i have found are deristrictor, iridium plugs, wavy discs and pro bolt bits. Ive got big plans for this little screamer so any help is appreciated.

Also the forks on the 250 and 400 look identical. I was thinking of getting the kteck internals, sprint steering damper and himax calipers but wasnt sure they'd fit.

Thanks again, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Gavin jap4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 MC28SP MC21 SP1 916
Re: zxr 250

Post by Gavin jap4 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:27 am

most parts on the 250 are differnt to the 400 the exhaust is a nono as it will not fit or work properly and as far as I know the forks are differnt aswell. I can supply you with a full titanium system specific for the ZXR250 and step kit/rearsets.

Trinirides
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 is all you need to know

Post by Trinirides » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Sadly the info you have been given is correct hardly anything will be swappable from the 400 to the 250 :(..

They are very rare bikes in the UK, I have only ever seen a handful and I have been around the bike trade for years, they rev forever really good bikes but sadly most are shagged and beyond economical restoration now due to buyers getting them not being able to find spares and just running them into the ground..

I think a fair few where imported into Australia along with the CBR250 so may find some bits from there.. If your bike is in top nick I would leave it as standard as you can just service it and keep it running sweet with regular lubing etc, any aftermarket parts will only add a bit of bling factor to the scooter mob and will not really give you much back in performance so why bother????

There are a few good spares company's out there that can source parts for you when needed just make sure you have your frame number ready for vehicle I.D as most places have never heard of them :roll:

Lets have a look then get some pics up!!!! :peace:

Gavin jap4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 MC28SP MC21 SP1 916

Post by Gavin jap4 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:31 pm

I can source new and seondhand parts from Japan if you need them not to cheap though at the moment mail me with any requests if you have them

Wozza
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Wozza » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:56 pm

There are some parts on eBay Ireland, have you looked on there?

Trinirides
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 is all you need to know

Post by Trinirides » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I Think ZXR250NINJA was a 1 post wonder ;)