My ZXR going streetfighter!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ZotuX
Settled in member
Reactions:
My ZXR going streetfighter!

Post by ZotuX » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:04 pm

That's right, my H1 ninja 400 is going to be a streetfighter project over the summer.

I've got a second top yoke which will have to be drilled so that handlebar raisers can be fitted. Getting some Renthal bars and grips from M&P and there is an abudance of twin headlight units which I am looking at - trying to decide which will look best.

The various cables and wires are going to be a pain to tuck away seeing as the H model has no hole in the frame for them.

I'm also trying to find a radiator grill that will fit the bike, which is difficult seeing as I don't think a ZXR400 has ever been customised in this way!

I've got a friend who does airbrushing and the rear panels will have a kickass dragon design painted on!

I want to get the fram powder-coated black, but i'm not too confident in stripping the bike entirely so may have to put that on hold for a while.

Finally the colour-scheme is going to be black and gold, with carbon-fibre "bits" (levers, petrol cap, top yoke etc)

Thoughts???

zimm
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: some ZXR400's, ty175, mz ts125
Re: My ZXR going streetfighter!

Post by zimm » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:29 pm

why ?

ZotuX
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ZotuX » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:46 am

zimm wrote:why ?

Why not?

zimm
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: some ZXR400's, ty175, mz ts125

Post by zimm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:49 am

valid :)

tippgod
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:

Post by tippgod » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:25 pm

hi there

well how did you get on. any pictures. was going to do the same but trying to do a bit more research first

thanks

Fzr400Trev
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: gsf400, fzr400, zzr600

Post by Fzr400Trev » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:25 am

as for the wires i used cable tidys (no not cable ties, ones used to tidy pc leads) looks much tidier and can get different colours
as for the header tank use one of them ally flasks (can be made to look like nos bottles, got one on my fzr1000 lol)
rad grill get a normal one and mod it with wire crimps and plyers
cut the end can down make it a stubby, will need a saw and rivits
coloured braided brake hoses,
polish the frame down to shiny alloy
polish the outer edges of the rims down to shiny alloy
digital speedo
alien style headlights
could go on forever...........

csofos
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by csofos » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:00 am

ZotuX wrote:That's right, my H1 ninja 400 is going to be a streetfighter project over the summer.

I've got a second top yoke which will have to be drilled so that handlebar raisers can be fitted. Getting some Renthal bars and grips from M&P and there is an abudance of twin headlight units which I am looking at - trying to decide which will look best.

The various cables and wires are going to be a pain to tuck away seeing as the H model has no hole in the frame for them.

I'm also trying to find a radiator grill that will fit the bike, which is difficult seeing as I don't think a ZXR400 has ever been customised in this way!

I've got a friend who does airbrushing and the rear panels will have a kickass dragon design painted on!

I want to get the fram powder-coated black, but i'm not too confident in stripping the bike entirely so may have to put that on hold for a while.

Finally the colour-scheme is going to be black and gold, with carbon-fibre "bits" (levers, petrol cap, top yoke etc)

Thoughts???
Take an idea from my fzr 400. It was a real mess and i turn it to a streetfighter. I made the all job alone. See for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJtQd_SXXfw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;