Bikesure Insurance

New members may care to make their first post here to introduce themselves. show us your bike, where you live etc etc. its also polite to get the drinks in too.
Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Bikesure Insurance

Post by Bikesure » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Bodhi wrote:Hey Phil, I've just got my renewal in from my current insurer and now I'm wanting to shop around, perhaps you can help with an issue that I now have with my bike insurance. I've got about 7yrs NCB on my bike and have never had an accident, yet with my car insurance I have a Policy and my wife is the main driver. She's had 3 accidents over 3 years, and the last time I renewed my insurance I had to state this for my bike insurance as these claims seem to count against me as well since it's my policy, even though it was not me driving. Is there any way to avoid this or is this simply somewhere where the insurance industry is able to penalise people for that kinda thing? It just makes it awkward come renewal time for my bike as I need to state all the details of the accidents even though they're not at all relevant to how I am as a rider on my Bike insurance.

Thanks in advance, Stephen
If your wife is not named on your bike policy I think we will be able to avoid any loadings. However, you will need to disclose the information and I'm glad to see that you have done so in the past.

If you would like a quotation from Bikesure, just PM me some details and a contact number.

Cheers,

Phil

Chaosfruitbat
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Chaosfruitbat » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Just got a quote today and reduced my insurance from £300 to £160. Thanks guys :)

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:01 pm

good for you pal. Used them myself and found them nothing but superb, prices and service.
one thing i will say, you wont see MCE or Bennetts getting any space here
Insert Signature Here

Chaosfruitbat
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Chaosfruitbat » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 pm

no arguements there. Unlimited mileage as well. They really seem to understand bikers :)

alexwitham
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 675R, GSXR6, NC30

Post by alexwitham » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I'll be calling for a quote shortly.

squirrel_hunter
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by squirrel_hunter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:51 am

Just seen this...

Firstly let me say I am far from a fan of Insurance companies. So as representative of the industry can I begin by asking the following question:

I have been riding bikes for some time and have 12 years of NCB to my name. I have only been driving a car for 2 years and have 2 years NCB on my car policy. Why if I have an accident on my bike will it count against me on my car insurance and likewise if I have an accident in my car will it count against my bike insurance?

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:50 am

I'm glad we have been able to assist some of you.

Don't forget, rather than wasting your telephone bill calling the office iof you want a quotation, PM me some details with a contact number and I will have an underwriter call you for a chat.

Cheers,

Phil

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:51 am

squirrel_hunter wrote:Just seen this...

Firstly let me say I am far from a fan of Insurance companies. So as representative of the industry can I begin by asking the following question:

I have been riding bikes for some time and have 12 years of NCB to my name. I have only been driving a car for 2 years and have 2 years NCB on my car policy. Why if I have an accident on my bike will it count against me on my car insurance and likewise if I have an accident in my car will it count against my bike insurance?
It is down to the individual insurance company (not broker) as to how they interpret and rate your driving record.

CRM
Admin NWAA
Admin NWAA
Reactions:

Post by CRM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Phil, pencil sharpened mid jan. multibike policy(s), looking for something as flexible as my rider policy i have with CN, not really bike specific, but seems more based on bike value / policy value / risk and i can add as many as i like (admin fee, and policy value top up fee accordingly)
PM coming over
Insert Signature Here

squirrel_hunter
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by squirrel_hunter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 am

Bikesure wrote:
squirrel_hunter wrote:Just seen this...

It is down to the individual insurance company (not broker) as to how they interpret and rate your driving record.
So do I infer correctly that Bikesure is not an insurance company but is a Broker?

If correct my understanding is you then have a "Panel" of insurance companies to go to. Would the insurance companies you use take into account an accident (fault, non-fault, or otherwise) in a car when insuring a bike?