Bikesure Insurance

New members may care to make their first post here to introduce themselves. show us your bike, where you live etc etc. its also polite to get the drinks in too.
Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Bikesure Insurance

Post by Bikesure » Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 am

Whittmeister wrote:Main question, where do you get your extortionate prices from!
Im 19, 2 years NCB, insuring an 89' nc30.
Quotes from aviva, mcd, swinton and hastings are all in the £460 region tpf&t.
Just got quoted through your site...
Aviva - Premier Bike £1802.03
Novitas - Basic £2241.83
Novitas - Axa Select £2467.24

:o
The short answer is, from insurance companies.

If you would like someone to look into the quotation, feel free to PM a reference or postcode and surname.

Did enter exactly the same information?

Were there modifications? Quotations for modified vehicles are best obtained by an Underwriter speaking with you.

Cheers,

Phil

Gazrovers
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr-125r

Post by Gazrovers » Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Phill, looking for quotes for an RVF, when i enter my bike model it displays Honda RVF Grey Import. When i select "YES" for imported i get no quotes, when i select No, i get many quotes for around 3£89 tpft? Surly the insurance knows the bike is imported even if i select No?

Whittmeister
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Whittmeister » Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 pm

If you would like someone to look into the quotation, feel free to PM a reference or postcode and surname.

Were there modifications? Quotations for modified vehicles are best obtained by an Underwriter speaking with you.

Cheers,

Phil
Cheers for the reply Phil
Yeah I entered the same info, as I always shop around and all my cheapest quotes off about 7 sites are in the region of 450-500.
No modifications whatsoever

No need to look into the quotation as I can't imagine you reducing my quote by £1300, but fairplay for you helping out on here through goodwill! :grin:

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Wed May 23, 2012 8:37 am

Whittmeister wrote:

Cheers,

Phil
Cheers for the reply Phil
Yeah I entered the same info, as I always shop around and all my cheapest quotes off about 7 sites are in the region of 450-500.
No modifications whatsoever

No need to look into the quotation as I can't imagine you reducing my quote by £1300, but fairplay for you helping out on here through goodwill! :grin:
I'm not doubting what you are saying, just a little concerned that we are so uncompetitive.

I am more than happy to have the quotation looked into for you. It could be just a simple factor that can make a big difference.

Cheers,

Phil

benny
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 (track), ZX-9R (road)

Post by benny » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:00 pm

I am a student, does going to college occasionally (not regularly as normally I go in the car) count as commuting?
What security devices reduce TPFT the most?
What motorcycle clubs/organisations give the biggest discount for being a member of?
Which advanced qualifications give the biggest discount?
I currently have a policy with MCE and will probably shop around for my next policy on a NC29, how can I ensure I build on the two months of NCB i currently have (I know it doesn't do much until you reach a full year but the sooner I reach it the better).
Does turning 18 reduce my insurance by a lot? My current ensurer said "a significant amount", would I be better waiting the few months before I start my policy or updating my policy when i turn 18 (I don't see why my policy would be charged for updating as none of my information is changing just the premiums etc.?)

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:09 am

benny wrote:I am a student, does going to college occasionally (not regularly as normally I go in the car) count as commuting?
What security devices reduce TPFT the most?
What motorcycle clubs/organisations give the biggest discount for being a member of?
Which advanced qualifications give the biggest discount?
I currently have a policy with MCE and will probably shop around for my next policy on a NC29, how can I ensure I build on the two months of NCB i currently have (I know it doesn't do much until you reach a full year but the sooner I reach it the better).
Does turning 18 reduce my insurance by a lot? My current ensurer said "a significant amount", would I be better waiting the few months before I start my policy or updating my policy when i turn 18 (I don't see why my policy would be charged for updating as none of my information is changing just the premiums etc.?)
Morning Benny.

Would you be able to PM me a contact number so that an Underwriter can speak with you? It will be a easier for them to answer any queries that you have.

Cheers.

Phil

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 am

Hi 400 Grey Bike members,

You may have seen us post on here before but just a friendly reminder that we discount for members of the club, and we now offer up to a 25% discount.

Having purchased your motorcycle, Bikesure aims to take the hassle out of obtaining insurance cover. With discounts up to 25% available for forum subscribers, Bikesure offer discounted policies, as they recognise the needs of the dedicated grey bike rider.

Bikesure offers a wide range of schemes to cover most aspects of forum member discounted policies including:

Limited mileage discounts,
Multi-bike policies,
Cover for accessories and clothing,
Agreed value cover,
Cover for imported/grey bikes,
Free legal expenses,
Also Classic to customised and Trike insurance

My name is Barry and I'll be assisting Phil in helping to monitor the forum. I've worked for Bikesure Insurance Services for several years now. In that time I've been employed within the Bikesure quotation department and have assisted many club members obtain competitive cover.

I will be taking a more active role in the forum and hope to be on here every day, if not every other day, to answer any questions or enquiries you may have.

So if any members on here have any general insurance queries, I'll be more than happy to try and help. Any advice will be totally impartial so please do not feel that I will be bias towards Bikesure.

Some of you may already have a policy through Adrian Flux / Bikesure. If this is the case, I'm here to assist with your existing policy as well. Any enquires, just give me a shout and I will have the matter looked into for you. A quick PM to me will surely be more convenient than having to make a phone call. If it is a more complex issue, don't worry, we will call you back when it's convenient with you.

If you would like a quotation from us, I will have someone call you with our best rate. Hopefully the best you'll get! I have no intention of being on this forum to "drum-up business". I will not be pushing you to contact us for a quotation or attempt to force the company on you. If you would like a quotation, I will help. It's that simple. I have nothing to gain from this.....merely helping out fellow bikers who are club members.

A few of us here at Adrian Flux/Bikesure are bikers and so we know that insurance is far from being the most exciting aspect of owning a bike. Hopefully we can save you some time and money on your insurance, which can be spent on your pride and joy!

Anyway, that's me and what I hope to be able to do for everyone.

Feel free to PM me on any insurance matters. You know where I am,

Barry @ Adrian Flux/Bikesure

alexwitham
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 675R, GSXR6, NC30

Post by alexwitham » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Hey,

Can someone give me a call.

I have my NC30 renewal up on the 8th March. It's pretty unique so I need tailored cover.

I've PM'd my contact details.

Thanks

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 am

alexwitham wrote:Hey,

Can someone give me a call.

I have my NC30 renewal up on the 8th March. It's pretty unique so I need tailored cover.

I've PM'd my contact details.

Thanks
Hello,

Yes that's not a problem at all.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Thanks

Barry

alexwitham
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 675R, GSXR6, NC30

Post by alexwitham » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Quote obtained and purchased. Many thanks

FYI-

I'm 22 and have a highly modified NC30 and the quote was excellent.

Alex