Bikesure Insurance

New members may care to make their first post here to introduce themselves. show us your bike, where you live etc etc. its also polite to get the drinks in too.
Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Bikesure Insurance

Post by Bikesure » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:25 am

thunderace wrote:Why is it whenever I try to get a multi-bike quote online, even though it's advertised, I can't actually put more than one bike into a policy quote? It's not just Bikesure, it's every bloody broker! Apart from that, even when phoning up none of them can find my GPZ :roll: (except Footman James).

I want two bikes on one policy. Both are eligible for classic status (88 GPX750R & 89 grey JDM GPZ400S). Both have a relatively low value (around £1500 the pair, maybe £2000 at a push once I've fully restored them). Neither will have large mileage put on them (less than 10k combined). Bikes are garaged in a brick built garage, neither have alarms or immobilisers. The garage is alarmed though and not easily accessible without me knowing about it.

I'm 31, not declaring any NCB because it's in use already, been riding with a full licence since Jan 2000, no accidents/convictions apart from 3pts I'm currently arguing with DVLA (they "forgot" to put my Class 2 back onto my new photocard and I got pulled for towing a car trailer, they expire in 12 months anyway).

I can insure them separately with Swinton. £70 for the GPZ and £88 for the GPX on normal day to day policies, F/C with £0 vol. excess and £250 comp excess, 90 days EU cover. Lid & Leathers is an additional £18 if I want it. Can Bikesure do anything on a combined policy?
If you can PM me your contact number, I'll have an Underwriter call you for a chat about a multi-bike policy.

Cheers,

Phil

DK-Tandy
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR400RR NC23

Post by DK-Tandy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 pm

well i done quick quite, looking for quotes are 400 to 450, got a price of 2375.99.. erm.. no thanks.

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: GSXR Carb o'ring kits supplied

Post by Variablevalves suck » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Phil,
Looked into renewing my bike insurance with you but why does the online page not allow completion, instead giving a phone number to call.
I ring the number and the office is closed, most people will then go elsewhere!

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:59 am

Variablevalves suck wrote:Hi Phil,
Looked into renewing my bike insurance with you but why does the online page not allow completion, instead giving a phone number to call.
I ring the number and the office is closed, most people will then go elsewhere!
There appears to be a temporary IT issue that is not allowing a payment to be made. Our IT Department have been advised and hopefully it will be rectified soon.

Thank you for brining this issue to my attention. If you need to speak with Bikesure / Adrian Flux, feel free to PM me through the forum and I will have someone to call you back.

Cheers,

Phil

thunderace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: R6, YZF600R

Post by thunderace » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Bikesure wrote: If you can PM me your contact number, I'll have an Underwriter call you for a chat about a multi-bike policy.

Cheers,

Phil

I had a quote from Bikesure of just under £400! Carole Nash did a better deal at £145 which also included top of the range AA cover, unlimited EU and £2k lid & leathers plus £100,000 legal.

You've NEVER been anywhere near on price and the same is true yet again.
Conventional wisdom says to know your limits. To know your limits you need to find them first. Finding your limits generally involves getting in over your head and hoping you live long enough to benefit from the experience. That's the fun part.

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Variablevalves suck » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:57 pm

The online quote was ok, just unable to finish transaction.

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am

Variablevalves suck wrote:The online quote was ok, just unable to finish transaction.
Hopefully this will be rectified soon.

Cheers,

Phil

Variablevalves suck
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Variablevalves suck » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Cheers for sorting the insurance out, good of you to get someone to phone me direct.

Bikesure
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Bikesure » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:38 am

Variablevalves suck wrote:Cheers for sorting the insurance out, good of you to get someone to phone me direct.
Not a problem, anytime.

Cheers,

Phil

Whittmeister
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Whittmeister » Mon May 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Main question, where do you get your extortionate prices from!
Im 19, 2 years NCB, insuring an 89' nc30.
Quotes from aviva, mcd, swinton and hastings are all in the £460 region tpf&t.
Just got quoted through your site...
Aviva - Premier Bike £1802.03
Novitas - Basic £2241.83
Novitas - Axa Select £2467.24

:o