Hi community

New members may care to make their first post here to introduce themselves. show us your bike, where you live etc etc. its also polite to get the drinks in too.
Griadar
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Hi community

Post by Griadar » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi guys, I'm Glen from Clifton.
I've always wanted to ride motorbikes ever since I saw my uncle fall from one when I was a kid. Goes without saying I don't know jack about anything them. I just wanna feel the wind in my hair and face and watch the world go past really fast. Been spending a lot of time looking at bikes on gumtree and junkmail but I really don't know what I should be looking for. I also see almost all the bikes have got carbeurators (sic), isn't that old old tech ? Why don't they have fuel injection ? Isn't that better ?
Almost all of them need to have their carbs set and valve clearances done, what does that mean ? And there are so many types and things, naked bikes, project bikes, cafe racers, cruisers, and what nots. And those short service intervals, what do you need to change on there ?

I'd like to get something cheap, easy to run and ride and easy to mantain for a total newbie. Most of the bikes I see in my price range are from the 80s and 90s and some Big boys and things. I always have this idea of myself zooting along the highways at sinful speeds. Then again I saw a cool looking bike a Sachs Madass. I imagine I can easily do the easy rider life with that. Anyway I really need advice and pointers on this matter before I get suckered. Much obliged for any help.