FZR Nothing happening

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
nicko
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: FZR Nothing happening

Post by nicko » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:59 am

Typibloodycal! engine is turning over I`ve got a spark, but she wont fire. I have rigged up a temorary fuel feed which is only gravity fed, as I dont want to use the fuel in the tank as it may be a bit old, I am wondering if this is good enough and if maybe it has to be pumped to get the fuel into the cylinders, anybody got any ideas out there.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:06 pm

rig the fuel feed to through the fuel pump and use some carb cleaner too.
With the air box off lift the carb slide and spray a good amount into each carb. Connect a car battery or a battery booster pack to your battery then try starting it. Keep the button down and spray the cleaner into the carb mouths as it's turning and vary the throttle and choke position.
I usually find the engine spins faster and faster it fires a bit weakly at first so keep on the starter button until you've got it on the throttle.

nicko
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by nicko » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:55 am

Thanks for the advice evil, I tried what you said and fitted some new plugs at the same time, I checked all the leads and Im getting a spark ok, but unfortunately she still wont fire up, Im starting to get the hump with her now :evil: Any other ideas any one, before I bury her under the patio?

nicko
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by nicko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:32 pm

NEWS UPDATE!
She lives again, I had another go following evils advice and he was right, the engine started to spin quicker and quicker until she fired up, hopefully she will start easily tonight and all will be well.

Thanks to everyone for their help. :D

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:05 pm

cool !!!!
It should be easier this time but still use a booster for the battery. Let the engine warm up completely and then see if starts on it's own.

I'm glad you managed to get it going