Keihin FCR carb for FZR400RR-SP - Help

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
macbook
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: fzr400 x 4 + Ducati
Keihin FCR carb for FZR400RR-SP - Help

Post by macbook » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:50 am

Hello, I recently acquired two sets of Keihin 32mm FCR carburetors for the 1992 FZR400RR-SP. I am new to this 32mm FCR but I am a little familiar with the 33mm FCR racing carb on my FZR660 superbike and they are different. I could use some advice if anyone is familiar with this carburetor and modifying it for racing. One carb appears to be stock, it has two accelerator pumps(on #2 & #4 carbs). The slides do not fully open because the slide stop is too long. The second 32mm carb is modified, I am not sure if it is modified to a Sugo race kit specification or a BDK racing specification or someone was just trying to make it more like an FCR racing carburetor. The modifications I see are as follows;1-The slides fully open because of a different (adjustable)stop. 2- One accelerator pump is disconnected and a single accelerator pump is still functioning (just like the fcr racing carb). 3- Carborator bodies #3 & #4 have been switched around so there are no accelerator pump parts hanging off the end of the carbs, making the bank of carburetors about one inch shorter (just like the fcr racing carb). The older BDK website makes mention of modifying the slides so they open fully but that's it... I do have a copy of the Sugo race kit modifications and my attempt to translate them didn't go well...If anyone here knows about these modifications or knows what people were doing to these carbs 25 years ago, please let me know. Better yet, can you translate a Japanese racing manual?

When I figure it out I will try to post some pics of the unmodified 32mm, modified 32mm, and 33mm racing carbs.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: Keihin FCR carb for FZR400RR-SP - Help

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:27 pm

I cant really help with this but you could try Race Engineering http://www.raceengineering.co.uk/
https://m.facebook.com/roadandrace/

macbook
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: fzr400 x 4 + Ducati
Re: Keihin FCR carb for FZR400RR-SP - Help

Post by macbook » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:07 pm

Ok thanks, I will.