Hacking a restricted 3en1 tci unit

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Grandadbelly
Settled in member
Reactions:
Hacking a restricted 3en1 tci unit

Post by Grandadbelly » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:14 am

Hi can anyone help I’ve got a 3en1 with a restrictedtci unit I’ve converted my instrument cluster to r6 instruments so I can’t interrupt the speedo activated signal so I need an unrestricted tci unit or find some one with the know to hack can you help me grandadbelly

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: Hacking a restricted 3en1 tci unit

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:53 am

Bendy used to chop them but it can also remove the red line side stand etc so its not reall good for road riding. BDK Racing might be able to do this as well.
You might find a derestriction unit that will work by plugging into the cdi end of things.

It would have been easier to have kept the the clocks and added a mechanical MPH converter

Grandadbelly
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Grandadbelly » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi evil chicken I hear what you’re saying I had to do the clock mod as fitting the usd forks robbed me of the speedo drive from the front wheel I’ve got onto a derestrickted module from China I don’t know how good they are or even if they work but I’ll give it a try thanks for your input anyway Regards mate

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Once you've fitted the derestrictor run the bike in third gear (or any other really) and see if it will drive to over 12,500 rpm. If the bike was still restricted then the cdi should impose a red line at this amount.

To be honest the restriction is 180kmh which is 112mph (in reality it comes in a bit over this) so it's not going to be a problem on a public road.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:36 pm

In the parts for sale section you said
Grandadbelly wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:00 pm
Hi Rossco 93 I recently joined this forum and was looking for info on derestrickding my 3en1. Can you give me some info on your bdm ecu like can they still do them how much and where are they located or would the one you are offering would fit my 3en1 What happened with my bike is when bought I was just going to ride it as a back locally but the it was such a nice ride I use it for travelling between Perth and the Midwest of Western Australia so I transplanted a 3hg600engine into it then I decided that the suspension was not Upton so I got a fz1usd front end and modified it to suit the 400frame then I realised I had no speedo drive so I fitted a r6set I’d clocks onto it they work great but the ecu or tci is on default so my max speed is limited any info on the bdk modified tci would be greatly appreciated I be got onto a mob in China that have a derestrickted unit for sale ones on its way but I don’t hold out a lot of hope on it as it only cost $50 and in the past I’ve learnt not to expect a lot from these guys regards grandadbelly
If it's true youre running a 600 3HE engine then just change to a 3HE CDI. The 3en1 CDI will still run the 3HE engine, the restriction won't matter because the 400 cdi will be restricted at 12,500 rpm but the 600 engine doesn't get that high. You're only problem is fitting a speedo drive.