fzr4/6 hybrid progress

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
cagiva996
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2 FZR4/6,FZS600,YZFR1
fzr4/6 hybrid progress

Post by cagiva996 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:18 pm

got the ecu today and had a go at wiring it in but my wiring loom diagramfor the 3tj is very poor quality and its impossible to see the wiring colour codes so alot has been guesswork but i have managed to get the engine to spin over but theres no spark at the plugs so i must have missed something.i do have a factory fzr manual but its in japanese but the wiring diagram is in colour but i have to dechipher it with a very poor copy english one.if anybody can give any advice or tips on where the wires from the ecu go-let me know-in the meantime ill just keep looking for that spark

smemly
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400RR 600 Hybrid
Re: fzr4/6 hybrid progress

Post by smemly » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:20 pm

I have a fzr400rrsp Yamaha Service Manual, it has a pretty good wiring diagram in the back, i'll try and scan it or take a picture of it and send it over, see if it will help.

cagiva996
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2 FZR4/6,FZS600,YZFR1
Re: fzr4/6 hybrid progress

Post by cagiva996 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:54 pm

that would be a great help as my wiring diagrams are just photocopies and you cant see the colour codes and stuff and may save me pulling the last of my hair out as i can get the fuel pump to prime but no f%*ing spark-im losing the will to live and my wife and children think ive moved into my shed permanantly-i think ineed a lie down-steve