Where have all the 3tj engines gone?????

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
dobbslc
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3TJRRSP TRX850 XV750 cafe
Where have all the 3tj engines gone?????

Post by dobbslc » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Who know's ? Is this why everybody is doing the 600 swap?

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: Where have all the 3tj engines gone?????

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:54 pm

TJ engines get bought up by the racers as spares, whereas the 600 will fit and give you around 100bhp with some mods

tiptop
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tiptop » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:15 pm

dobbslc wrote:Who know's ? Is this why everybody is doing the 600 swap?

Tell me about it!!! i looked for one for ages and in the end desided 2 just buy another complete bike lol.

if its a road bike your looking one for then consider a 600 conversion.

oollit
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400RR 3TJ, RF900R

Post by oollit » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:53 am

I bought a"Mint" 3TJ engine, but it turned out to be a dud. Absolutely no compression what so ever. Thanks Chris, i really hope the money brought you happiness!!! :Ass:
I am going to send my old engine away to BDK for a tart up so it should be up and running for spring next year with a bit of luck.
I only please one person per day.
Today is not your day, tomorrow isn't looking good either.

dobbslc
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3TJRRSP TRX850 XV750 cafe

Post by dobbslc » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:18 am

Make sure you get a quote on the work first as they seem to cost a fortune at BDK unless you are very careful what you ask them to do.

oollit
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by oollit » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:00 pm

They quoted me £70 to open out the oil ways, which solves the oil starvation issues, £50 to supply matched shell bearings and £10 reface the oil pump cases and shim the pressure relief valve.
I have to send them both engine cases, the crank and the con rods, so it will probably cost £20 postage each way due to the weight.
So it will probably end up costing me £250 by the time i get a gasket kit and build the engine back together. Hopefully i won't need to replace the piston rings as they are £30 per piston.

Motorcycle Solutions
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Kawasaki ZX9R E1

Post by Motorcycle Solutions » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:19 pm

The engine was not a dud for it was fine at brands and have people who saw it out their.... keep comments to your self and money does not by happiness, just people who think they are god's gift to bikes....

The machines i race are always have been worked on by my self and gained good results at the last race meeting, with elliot stevens as rider gained a 11th in the first after a restart a 7th and then a 4th.... and this engine was a rebuld and has done 4 years hard racing and nether a problem.... that could not be fix.... ed

So in a sense why don't you :Ass: and stop spitting your :dmyspt: out!!!!

Just that you got it running fine at first and then messed it up by tinkering....

2009 is going to be a stonker of a year for both of our riders.... and a few suprises on the way.

oollit
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by oollit » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Chris, you had your chance to explain your side of the story when i gave you my phone number and asked you to give me a ring, but you chose not to talk like a man, so you can stop your keyboard ninja efforts now.
For your information, when i did eventually get the engine running it was running like a bag of sh1ite and wouldn't go over 6,000 revs and was kicking back through the carbs due to bent valves and broken piston rings, nothing to do with any tinkering on my part. But as you told me in a private email "its my problem now" and i will deal with that problem it in due time, i can assure you of that.
Now if you want to continue washing our dirty linen in public, i have a copy of every email that was sent throughout the sale of the "mint engine" and i will post them all up on the forum and let everybody decide for themselves who is not being honest here.

Motorcycle Solutions
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Kawasaki ZX9R E1

Post by Motorcycle Solutions » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Look here cut the crap i also have every email too.... so stop the bull shit!!!!

I have photos from the fourth race of the day...

so stop acting so childish and get a life...

that engine got me a 24th out of 32 riders and was fine.... just ask evil he was there on the day when i raced it... you twat.... plus he was also there when i first started it up... by the way i was always at the end of the phone... or email...

It seems to be that you are the one who keeps having a pop at me, just because you are a site supporter you think this give you the right....

to go and throw your wait around.... or should i say bully tactics just because you can't fix the problem..

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:14 pm

Gentlemen please.

As far as I can make out the engine was a runner when I saw the bike racing at brands. I don't know what has happened before during or after the engine was sold.

The FZR part of this forum has no modderator - I hope we won't need one.