3TJ Engine Transplant

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
oollit
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400RR 3TJ, RF900R
Re: 3TJ Engine Transplant

Post by oollit » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:52 pm

Thanks for that Dobbie, it seems to be going ok so far. I have been quite busy this week too, and i havent even advertised yet.

I think i might hold on to the TJ rather than bury it at sea, put it in the living room for an orniment perhaps :D

I am picking up a '96 GPZ500S at the weekend so i can get back on 2 wheels again. I know they are crap bikes but it is going so cheap it would be rude not to buy it. The Tj will be tucked away for nice dry days when the sun is shining and the GPZ for commuting/parts runs/general abuse.

The compression tester i borrowed had bits missing so it couldn't fit the Tj, which means i am no nearer to finding out what is causing the loss of compression.
I still plan pulling the motor and having a better look at it but i think i am going to send my original bottom end down to BDK to have the oil journals modded and the big end bearings matched when i have a bit more cash handy. I have missed most of the summer now so i am in no rush to get it running now. Might even throw a fresh coat of paint at it too.
That brings yet another problem, do i re-paint the bike in the present scheme, put it back to the original black/gold stripes or come up with my own colour scheme. :?:
I only please one person per day.
Today is not your day, tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: 3TJ Engine Transplant

Post by Evilchicken0 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:40 pm

If you go for original you'll do better to ghost e-bay and pick up a set of originals. Look around the end of the season and you should find some cheaper than the paint.