4JH Trackbike Wiring Schematic Help Needed!!

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Fitz
Settled in member
Reactions:
4JH Trackbike Wiring Schematic Help Needed!!

Post by Fitz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 am

Does anybody have a schematic of the minimum wiring necessary to run a '95 4JH engine, CDi, coils, starter and fuel pump?

I want to re-wire the hybrid and, for ease of future fault-finding, separate out the ignition and lighting systems into individual looms.

The wiring diagrams I have downloaded (3TJ, US 600R [but no readable 4JH diagram]) differ in wiring configurations and the wire colours from the CDi and relay don't match the wiring in my bike.

As a fair few people in this site have successfully conquered the traumas of hybrid wiring and minimalist wiring on track bikes I'm hoping I can save myself from extreme stress and avoid frying something in trial-n-error by having a definitive 4JH ignition/start/fuel schematic to work from.

Fitz
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: 4JH Trackbike Wiring Schematic Help Needed!!

Post by Fitz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Oh yeah, before I forget...

Can anyone please tell me the valve clearance values for the 4JH engine and the best non-dealer place to buy the shims if they're needed?

Thanks,
Fitz

Nathanbomb
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Nathanbomb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Did you have any joy with the basic wiring as I have the same issue but cannot get a spark 🤔

Nathanbomb
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Nathanbomb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Did you have any joy with the basic wiring as I have the same issue but cannot get a spark 🤔

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:13 pm

That thread is 8 years old :grin:

I might have a look around and see if I can find a wiring diagram